Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

all I could find was a darn battery cover, so I painted that yellow. It ... General Blackberry forum

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

Advertisement

all I could find was a darn battery cover, so I painted that yellow. It actually looks kool, but I cant wait for the housing to come out for this phone.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Looks good so far, Cherri! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Props to all you folks with the stones to do something like this!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rogrow -- the hardest part (yet) was taping off the screen. I imagine taking apart the curve and putting this on to be kind of scary. I also purchased a new trackball that I may paint as well. Not sure yet

This is my way of satisfying the need for a new device (I don't plan on buying a bold when they are first released).

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rogrow -- the hardest part (yet) was taping off the screen. I imagine taking apart the curve and putting this on to be kind of scary. I also purchased a new trackball that I may paint as well. Not sure yet

This is my way of satisfying the need for a new device (I don't plan on buying a bold when they are first released).
    Yeah, well you're a lot braver than I am, that's for sure. I purchased a new housing months ago that I have yet to do anything with!

Best of luck with the disassembly and reassembly! I'm sure you'll do fine!

Roger

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ok guys, here ya go...

1) the side parts are hard to get off (so i left them screwed on, but snapped out and didn't exchange them (so now i have an extra set)

2) the spray got on the BACK of the screen/lense (i guess since i was spraying outside and it was sort of windy??). so that SUCKED to have to get that off (nail polish remover, non-acetone)

3) like i said above, my taping job wasn't so great. the left side looks awesome. the right side, on the other hand, has bubbles and 'debris' ... not sure how i will get rid of or maybe have to re-do.

for now ... i am happy with the results. sorry for the white balance. its getting almost dark here and there is little to no extra light in my bedroom. the first image is the bb on top of my white macbook w/a flash the others i left the flash off and tried for more natural light.

also wanted to throw this one in for giggles. i CLEAN my trackball, prolly every other day with a qtip and rubbing alcohol. i seriously didn't think it was that dirty (behind the housing wasn't bad at all) but look at the difference between the brand new ball and the original i've had since last summer. ewwww!!!

NancyDrew no está en línea Stack level 1
    Looks amazing, I love it!

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    I would love to have my 8120 PURPLE!! Lol and Cherri i had the same surprise when my hubby showed me how to clean the trackball the first time
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ next one up will be a metallic purple (kind of like nancydrew's) -- a two tone purple. i saw the colors yesterday at micheals when i bought the white.

or a two tone purple/white.

geez...the colors are endless! LOL.

the disassebly/reassembly wasn't too hard, but since i got the extra spray on the inside of the screen, kinda sucked having to get it spotless again (which of course, i didn't)

NancyDrew no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'd love to try this. Or I'd love to find someone who can perfect this process and paint housings for half the price of colorware. That's be a great little business.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Oh. My. Jesus. Cherri, white with the black keyboard looks CLEAN! GREAT JOB, just remember to tape the back of the screen next time

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3
    cherri that looks gorgeous love the white. did you have a hard time replacing the new trackball? thats the only bad thing about bbs, is the trackball getting so yucky looking. i dont think i could replace my trackball i would end up screwing it up haha

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    very hot! i'm getting really close to ordering a black keyboard...must fight the urge...lol...

oh, i think nancy drew has a tutorial with pics on how to color your trackball, but i'm sure while you're doing that you can clean it as well

and say i was going to order that black keyboard...what tools would you suggest getting to help me take apart my curve? i figure i might as well order the screwdriver and whatnot...
    Last edited by syn92; 07-16-2008 at 09:43 AM.

also wanted to throw this one in for giggles. i CLEAN my trackball, prolly every other day with a qtip and rubbing alcohol. i seriously didn't think it was that dirty (behind the housing wasn't bad at all) but look at the difference between the brand new ball and the original i've had since last summer. ewwww!!!
    Geez, Cherri! Do you ever wash your hands? Kidding of course!

Nice job! I've said it once and I'll say it again.....kudos to you all who have the cajones to strip down your devices and paint the housings!

Quote Originally Posted by syn92 View Post
    very hot! i'm getting really close to ordering a black keyboard...must fight the urge...lol...

oh, i think nancy drew has a tutorial with pics on how to color your trackball, but i'm sure while you're doing that you can clean it as well

and say i was going to order that black keyboard...what tools would you suggest getting to help me take apart my curve? i figure i might as well order the screwdriver and whatnot...
    Most people say that you need a torx 5 driver, which you can also get from cnn.cn. The site would probably advise you on which driver you would need for your particular device.

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Most people say that you need a torx 5 driver, which you can also get from cnn.cn. The site would probably advise you on which driver you would need for your particular device.
    ok...i might just spring for colorware...hehehe...i'm a chicken when it comes to taking apart my blackberry...lol

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast