Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Originally Posted by hrbellamy So I painted mine this weekend with my fiance unfortunately it ... General Blackberry forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by hrbellamy View Post
    So I painted mine this weekend with my fiance unfortunately it is full of smudges and nicks... :cry: and since I have the 8330 there is no available housing unit to fix.. I am hoping after my fiance and I attempt to fix it (and it again is a royal mess) I am hoping that 1. he caves and lets me send it to colorware and 2. Colorware will accept and fix my giant mess.

FYI for DIYers... cover the back of the screen. I did not and ended up getting paint under the screen. I also burned the screen with my nail polish remover. **At least cnn.cn had a replacement screen.

Yikes! I learned the hard way too...That's why I encourage people now not to paint it and instead send it to colorware or buy the whole housing unit at cnn. I'm sorry to hear about your bb; believe me i know the feeling...oh i know :cry:. Painting a bb seems like a pretty cool idea but then again it brings anguish to those who'd never done it.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    where can i send my blackberry in to get a paint job?

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    I totally agree. This happened to me as well. I advise everyone not to paint their BB unless they know what they are up against.

The other alternative, because there is no housing for the 8330 available for sale, is go to a phone dealer and see if they are willing to sell a dummy phone and take apart the housing to replace your current. The dummy phones are a little hard to take apart because of the glued parts but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Yikes! I learned the hard way too...That's why I encourage people now not to paint it and instead send it to colorware or buy the whole housing unit at cnn. I'm sorry to hear about your bb; believe me i know the feeling...oh i know :cry:. Painting a bb seems like a pretty cool idea but then again it brings anguish to those who'd never done it.

hrbellamy no está en línea Stack level 1
    So I emailed Colorware this morning called both Sprint and Verizon to ask if they will sell me a housing unit and NOTHING! I am sure Colorware is having a few chukles at my expense. And why oh why did they have to change the indicator placement for the new curve? This is pure torture. Everytime I pick up my BB I get neon green paint all over my hands. Waiting for the screen cover to come in to attempt again. Does anyone know how to remove that cover?

Also if anyone has a broken 8330 I will buy it for the housing unit. Or if anyone has any ideas on where I could get one that would be awesome
    Last edited by hrbellamy; 09-04-2008 at 12:56 PM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I've been searching for your model but no luck here either...i'm so sorry to hear about your bb again. I had to put up with the white paint also chipping off my curve and the horrible smell of paint which almost made me faint of anger and strong odor. The only thing I guess that's left is getting a dummy from ebay which also is kinda tricky since it's a pain taking apart because of the glue. Good luck on your search...

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Anyone every try berryware for a new painted case?

http://berryware.ca/index.php?page=about

Darry way to go on the great find!! Don't have to wait for the phone and they have a new case to replace the one that I damaged!!! I requested more info will let you all know if I get one and how it turned out!

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by trigga15 View Post
    where can i send my blackberry in to get a paint job?
    You can send it to Colorware.......
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    retired
    Darry way to go on the great find!! Don't have to wait for the phone and they have a new case to replace the one that I damaged!!! I requested more info will let you all know if I get one and how it turned out!
    Would LOVE the credit...but zel126 found this and was asking me about it.

Has anyone tried it so far?

So colorware wrote back.... they will not accept a bb that is already painted :cry:

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    So colorware wrote back.... they will not accept a bb that is already painted :cry:
    ^^ That stinks!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Lindararith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    Anyone every try berryware for a new painted case?

http://berryware.ca/index.php?page=about
    Thanks for passing the link. I rather buy a new painted housing than send mine to colorware. I can't be without my phone.

PIN/ID
    retired
    and colorware will only take the full blackberry, or you can buy one from them. If you buy a new one from them, you could always sell the old one i guess. More hassle though....

The berryware is worth a shot.... to buy a OEM case from CNN or whereever will cost you $40 at least !!!

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Let's keep the pictures coming in.

MsRandall no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just got mine back from Colorware yesterday...I love it and I call it my Sandberry...

I had Red Sprint 8330....before the Colorware SPA treatment..took 10 days total

Real Women have Curves Baby!!!!!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast