Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

That was another mistake of mine; I'm a little impaitent. I just put a full ... General Blackberry forum

Sphynx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24869D20

Advertisement

That was another mistake of mine; I'm a little impaitent.

I just put a full body shield on it, and it looks BEAUTIFUL *_* To me, at least, and that's all that matters

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    That's good, you're the only one that needs to be happy with it.

Be careful though, I put a shield on mine and the paint started chipping onto the shield..

PIN/ID
    24869D20
    I'm watching it like a hawk, but so far it actually seems to have enhanced the paint job. The little smudges and such I was noticing before you can't really see now. As soon as I'm able to, I'll post some pictures

Edit: Well, it's a bit fuzzy, but you can sort of see the phone
    Last edited by Sphynx; 08-23-2008 at 11:42 AM.

SamlvsBB no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    I'm watching it like a hawk, but so far it actually seems to have enhanced the paint job. The little smudges and such I was noticing before you can't really see now. As soon as I'm able to, I'll post some pictures

Edit: Well, it's a bit fuzzy, but you can sort of see the phone
    wheres your pic?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by abonter4 View Post
    how do you change the color? special paint of some sort?
    Mine was sent to colorware before I got it, as it was one of the ones they gave away during the Pinstack/BBHomepage giveaway a few months ago. Yes some people do paint them @ home but from all I have read it takes some time and a lot of effort!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

mine...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SamlvsBB; 08-29-2008 at 03:11 AM.

HughJass no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2443424B
    I know this is probably a stupid question, but who is colorware?

EDIT: nevermind... i googled them and WOW!! I want one! (just don't have the bankroll for it right now, but that doesn't mean I can't dream!)
    Last edited by HughJass; 08-29-2008 at 02:50 PM.
    "Gravity is a cruel mistress!" - the Tick
    PIN: 2443424B

PIN/ID
    24869D20
    Quote Originally Posted by SamlvsBB View Post
    wheres your pic?
    My display picture/avatar has it.

But I have a picture now! They're all taken in a few different spots with my friends camera phone, so a few are a little blurry. You can still see the green though, and that's what makes me happy I don't think it's too bad of a job for a first time try.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sphynx; 08-30-2008 at 06:19 PM.

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    You did those Sphynx? (My apologies for my laziness. I haven't checked previous pages)

PIN/ID
    24869D20
    Yes, I personally did those. Took me about two days and a can of green spray paint. (It got all over me too; the people at work were starting to become convinced I was turning into Elphaba . . or a lepricon). I used Testor's paint that's used for model cars. It seems to stick really well, and has a beautiful color.

The only major complaint I have about is, is that sometime during the painting process, some paint got between the tape, and I have a VERY tiny speck of green paint on my screen. It's not hurting anything, and most of the time I don't notice it. Unless my screen is white. But I've taken my phone apart so much, I'm scared I'll eventually break it. And I really, REALLY can't afford a new one right now.

do you have a bigger picture of your phone? cause it's hard to see the avatar...

PIN/ID
    24869D20
    I have three *points to eighth down on the list*

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    You HAVE to let the paint dry completely. Give it at least 4 hours. Also I found, that auto paint and clear coat works awesome! Get it from like auto zone or aid auto - or whatever auto place you have by you. I did my curve in midnight blue , with the clearcoat, and it looks like something you would buy from a store - not to toot my own horn, but it came out sweet! And i realized that it's alot easier if you pop the lense out of the front cover to do the job-it takes a little patience,but in the end result, you will be much happier! just be careful not to snap the little taps that hold the lense into the front housing!!!
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Actually, I would give the paint/clear coat a few days to dry, in my opinion.

hrbellamy no está en línea Stack level 1
    So I painted mine this weekend with my fiance unfortunately it is full of smudges and nicks... :cry: and since I have the 8330 there is no available housing unit to fix.. I am hoping after my fiance and I attempt to fix it (and it again is a royal mess) I am hoping that 1. he caves and lets me send it to colorware and 2. Colorware will accept and fix my giant mess.

FYI for DIYers... cover the back of the screen. I did not and ended up getting paint under the screen. I also burned the screen with my nail polish remover. **At least cnn.cn had a replacement screen.