hey whats up guys. when I transfered my SIM contacts to my new Blackberry Curve ... General Blackberry forum

Texter no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Why is my PHONEBOOK loading up weird? (SIM to Phonebook). Example in thread

Advertisement

hey whats up guys.

when I transfered my SIM contacts to my new Blackberry Curve 8310, I came across an issue with the contacts appearing in the phonebook.
    Say the contact was John Smith. Well, every contact appears like this when uploaded....

" Smith;John/M " ........ and so on. for EVERY contact.

It had nothing to do with the "list first/last name first" in the settings.

can somebody please help me?!?!! i was hoping this phone would be great but now it's just an issue since i have 200+ contacts!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Texter,

Welcome to PinStack!

Did you have another BlackBerry prior to your Curve or was it a different device?

Unfortunately, the only way around this is going to be to somehow modify your contacts the way you want them to be, through Outlook or some other means and then re-sync them with your phone through Desktop Manager.

If you use Outlook, you can sync your device with that, then export the Contacts to an Excel spreadsheet, manipulate them that way then re-import to Outlook, clear your device Contacts and re-sync the device.

Does that make sense?

Roger

Texter no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Hey Texter,

Welcome to PinStack!

Did you have another BlackBerry prior to your Curve or was it a different device?

Unfortunately, the only way around this is going to be to somehow modify your contacts the way you want them to be, through Outlook or some other means and then re-sync them with your phone through Desktop Manager.

If you use Outlook, you can sync your device with that, then export the Contacts to an Excel spreadsheet, manipulate them that way then re-import to Outlook, clear your device Contacts and re-sync the device.

Does that make sense?

Roger
    actually im not familiar w/ Outlook and i dont have Excel.

i was told about the Outlook thing before, so i might give that a try.

and the phone I switched from was a Sony Ericsson W810i

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    I do know the sim card holds one name and one number for each contact. If you have more than one number for a contact it usually imports as <name1> <name2> etc. I'm guessing when the BB imported the info from the sim it assumed the names were listed in a particular order and put the last name where it thought it should go. It's probably all in one name field when you edit it on the BB. You can do what was mentioned above... or, the hard way and edit each contact and re-enter the correct names in the correct fields.