Ok so apparently I've been going crazy downloading themes and games. I ran out of ... General Blackberry forum

liss0916 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Phone Space

Advertisement

Ok so apparently I've been going crazy downloading themes and games.

I ran out of space. I have a 2.0GB memory card, is there a way i can save programs into the memory card or maybe a program that can make more room in my phone???

Probably a dumb question

Please someone HELP I'm going nuts

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The BB can't store programs on the Media Card. Ahh well? I should say you can't run Apps from the Media Card. I suppose you can store Apps or programs on the card but the BB can't access them to use. It's something everyone wishes would change as the OS develops.

Your limited to Media files for that sort of use.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You will definitely need to free up some space on your device......remove any games/themes/applications you no longer need or use, delete call logs, e-mails, texts, etc.

There is a thread dedicated to freeing up device memory in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature. Lots of great tips for freeing up memory and general housekeeping.

You can also delete a couple of applications off your device: TTY and Help. TTY is for the hearing impaired and the Help application is unnecessary because you have us here on PinStack! Just go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications, scroll to one of those applications, press the BB menu button and select Delete. Deleting these two applications can allocate up to 5mb more space. You'll want to do a battery pull after deleting the apps.

Cheers,
    Roger

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This program allows you to store applications on the memory card, allowing you to switch them from the card to the device and vice versa. You can't run them from the card, but the program expedites the process of moving them back and forth for your use.

You're probably going to want to get a media card with more capacity, though.

liss0916 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You will definitely need to free up some space on your device......remove any games/themes/applications you no longer need or use, delete call logs, e-mails, texts, etc.

There is a thread dedicated to freeing up device memory in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature. Lots of great tips for freeing up memory and general housekeeping.

You can also delete a couple of applications off your device: TTY and Help. TTY is for the hearing impaired and the Help application is unnecessary because you have us here on PinStack! Just go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications, scroll to one of those applications, press the BB menu button and select Delete. Deleting these two applications can allocate up to 5mb more space. You'll want to do a battery pull after deleting the apps.

Cheers,
    Roger

OH WOWOW... THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR THE TIPS...