Hey everyone, I for one have been intently watching and waiting and now cursing the ... General Blackberry forum

Smokem no está en línea Stack level 2

Phone development post Feb. 19th 2009

Advertisement

Hey everyone,
    I for one have been intently watching and waiting and now cursing the FCC. February 19th is going to change a lot of things in the U.S. Mostly the frequency use and delegation to any and all broadcasting devices.
    I for one am crushed by the wireless microphone users being crushed and forced to use devices that don't exist, won't be available by Feb. 19th, are based on prototypes with 100% failure rate in testing so far, and are going to cost a ton and not be available to the individual user until much later in the year. So goodbye wireless mics.

Anyhow a large portion of the white spaces is available for widespread wireless internet use among other things. I haven't read the full 130 page report yet,
    But my main question is what will this open up for phone developers and the development of the cell phone of the future.

Has anyone else heard anything about this or know what some companies are planning on implementing or are we just going to be in the dark on this until after Feb. 19th?

Here's the 130 page report in case you wanted to spend a few days reading through it.
    http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-08-260A1.pdf
    Last edited by Smokem; 11-20-2008 at 02:12 PM.

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    google, motorola, and microsoft didnt buy any of these spaces. you really need to check your facts before posting. if you followed or " intently watching and waiting" like you say, then you would know who owns these blocks of the spectrum. I know who owns these, but i think you need to use google, or maybe a few mobile phone and tech sites to read up for yourself.