Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well, sorry about sounding not too excited about ordering the 8330, but i am excited ... General Blackberry forum

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck

Advertisement

Well, sorry about sounding not too excited about ordering the 8330, but i am excited and cant wait til i get off of work tomorrow. BTW what is EVDO? I havent a clue about it. Is it standard with my service already or not?
    Another question, is the 8830 web browsing html or wap/wml?
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 07-21-2008 at 07:22 PM.

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    Well, sorry about sounding not too excited about ordering the 8330, but i am excited and cant wait til i get off of work tomorrow. BTW what is EVDO? I havent a clue about it. Is it standard with my service already or not?
    Another question, is the 8830 web browsing html or wap/wml?
    I know how you are about being excited. I got my wife a red Curve and it came in today. I can't wait to play with it. She won't let me.

EVDO is the CDMA carriers (Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, etc) broadband data technology, like EDGE/UMTS is for the GSM carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc). It gives you almost DSL like speeds of around 800 kbps for websurfing and downloads.

As far as web browsing being HTML or WAP, I am pretty sure it is HTML, but not positive. This allows for you to view most websites even if they aren't designed for a mobile device. Someone can correct me on that if I am wrong.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have an 8310 and absolutely love it. It's perfect for business and for pleasure and has the sleekest design of all the phones you mentioned. I don't think I'd ever own a touchscreen unless they developed a glass that doesn't attract fingerprints.

Go for the 8330
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've been through 3 different carriers, i7000 with nextel the 8100 with tmobile an now the 8830 with verizon. Yet I had problems with the last 2 carriers, but never with the phones. RIM makes a great phone as you can see, you have one. The Instinct stinks, really laggy on the net, and slow app load time.

Pick a blackberry you'll be happy!

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    I have the 8830we and I love it. It does everything that I could ask of it.
    For all intense and purposes, the curve is the same just with a camera. If I had one bad thing to say about the 8830 it would be that it did not have a camera.

If I had a choose between all of them.................choose the curve!!!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post
    I have the 8830we and I love it. It does everything that I could ask of it.
    For all intense and purposes, the curve is the same just with a camera. If I had one bad thing to say about the 8830 it would be that it did not have a camera.

If I had a choose between all of them.................choose the curve!!!!
    I definetly agree

hybrid009 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3022afe5
    I should say go for the 8330....

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Anyone is fine as long as it isn't the instinct. Come onan this a BB site. Lol

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.52 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    [quote=HeavyComponent;819087]Anyone is fine as long as it isn't the instinct. Come onan this a BB site. Lol

TRUE.......Go HeavyC!!!!!!
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    The Sprint 8330 also has more internal memory and comes with a 1gb media card.

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2
    The 8330 was probably the right choice for you. I have the 8830 on Sprint and for me, it is the ONLY BlackBerry choice as I need the unlocked GSM SIM slot for travel to Europe. From what I've seen, the 8830 has most all the features of the Curve, but no camera and doesn't have the 3.5mm stereo jack (has the 2.5 jack which requires adapter). It does have stereo bluetooth support though and with a Motorola S9 wireless headset, it is great for listening to MP3 music (as well as phone, GPS, etc). Would never go back to a "wired" headset, so the jack size is a non-issue for me. Also, I don't believe the 8830 supports Sprint TV, but also a non-issue in my case. I've had my 8830 for several months and its been terrific. IF the Curve had an unlocked GSM SIM slot, then I'd probably prefer the Curve just because it's slightly more compact and who knows, the camera might come in handy sometime.
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Well my wife called me at work and told me that it came in. She said that it looks very sweet. I guess ill be activating it in the next couple of hours.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    i have it now and im actually playing with it while im in class. Its pretty sleek compared to the 7100i. Ill master it by this weekend. If i have any problems, i know exactly where to go to get answers.
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 07-22-2008 at 10:02 PM.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    ok got the phone, will take pics tomorrow. I love it, i havent had a chance to set up the address book and calendar like my old BB, but i will get to it tonight. So basically, i can only call my wife because thats the only number i know, unless someone call me of course. The only thing i did thus far was set up my email accounts. The web browsing feature is nice, full html (no more wml), and very fast compared to nextels BB service.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Ahh, update.. My wife just got her phone upgraded to the curve today!! I knew she would, she was too much in love with my phone. I asked if she wanted the pearl, and stated, no, she wanted the exact same phone i have. She got the grey one, the red was too "little girly" for her.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast