Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My birthday is around the corner. I came to the decision to upgrade my cell ... General Blackberry forum

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck

phone decision help:8330, 8830, or instinct

Advertisement

My birthday is around the corner. I came to the decision to upgrade my cell phone. I currently have the blackberry 7100i (sprint/nextel) and im very torn between these three phones. The reason why i chose to upgrade phones is because my phone is starting to show its age; scoll whell is less responsive and software wise, theres not too much i can do with it or add on to it. Also, with no option of memory card slots, i cant even put music on it, which is minor really, but i want a newer phone. So, yes i will be giving up the "chirp" feature to upgrade and this will still fall under my $99 simply everything plan.
    Now, after having a 7100i i have fell in love with RIM's products, those who have blackberries knows what im talking about. Thats why my two top choices are blackberries. But the samsung instinct has really caught my eye, no lie.
    Im just looking for just the pros and cons of each. Also, my wife has a blackberry like my current and its more convenient for us to use the BB IM feature when we need to do a quick chat.

instinct:

8330:

8830:

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    8330 all the way!

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I have an 8100.

Of those choices, I would go with 8330.

If you really wanted my opinion, I would say wait for the BOLD or Thunder.

BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    my sister's got the instinct and let me tell you the material's very cheap. The shell looks like it was recycled from an old Texas Instrument calculator. But hey if you're into touchscreens and can't wait for the Thunder to get here i'll say get it dude. I know you Sprint ppl love to watch tv all day and whatever. You can watch youtube and what not. Unlike the curve; you gotta upgrade to 4.5 to get the video recording/voice recording and also youtube. So, if you wanna use it for an entertainment device then i would say get the instinct because it'll have what you need but will easily die out. I love my curve and i'm currently waiting for the Thundah! So, basically it's up to you; I'll say you choose between the curve or the instinct. Good luck

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I recommend the 8330, as well! I am very satisfied w/the performance/feel/etc., Well, I am satisfied till the Bold comes out, then I will be satisfied...until the Thunder comes out, then I'll be satisfied.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    i have seen mock up images of the thunder.. Is it official? or is RIM waiting for the release of the bold before mentioning it? Also, the bold is very nice, but the only difference i see is wi-fi. I have more than enough pc's to keep me connected (Being an IT person), so i can do without that.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    my sister's got the instinct and let me tell you the material's very cheap. The shell looks like it was recycled from an old Texas Instrument calculator. But hey if you're into touchscreens and can't wait for the Thunder to get here i'll say get it dude. I know you Sprint ppl love to watch tv all day and whatever. You can watch youtube and what not. Unlike the curve; you gotta upgrade to 4.5 to get the video recording/voice recording and also youtube. So, if you wanna use it for an entertainment device then i would say get the instinct because it'll have what you need but will easily die out. I love my curve and i'm currently waiting for the Thundah! So, basically it's up to you; I'll say you choose between the curve or the instinct. Good luck
    '

huh?? I have the 8330 SPRINT curve and it does video and voice recording out of the box..

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ooops forgot u said 8330. So yeah get that curve if you want a keyboard feel and better performance. Did i mention her phone only lasts about 2 hours so basically it has be plugged all the time. She's into that whole entertainment crapola so she must pay the price of a weak battery. Good luck dude.

I saw a review on the net that it's all photoshopped. So, i'm not so sure who to believe but that it's coming out oh yeah it is :P
    here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIvCsAoq_jQ
    Last edited by raton; 07-21-2008 at 02:23 PM.

laraiza no está en línea Stack level 2
    get the 8330 thats what i would do.

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you like the chirp, you can wait a few months for Sprint to release the 8350, which is on the iden network. Should have most of the features of the 8330. I am pretty sure it will lack the speed of EVDO though.

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    I activated an Instinct on a secondary line, to decided if I wanted to replace my current 8830. The instinct is an awesome media device no doubt. It dose honestly, feel kinda cheap though. Yes, the curve comes with TV & video recording out of the box. I'm waiting on the OS upgrade to enable these features on the 8830. I wouldn't even bring up the Thunder or any of the such in this conversation. Being that Sprint getting these devices, is I would say probably a yr off (ATLEAST). All the way around I would say the curve is the best all around device can do all that the instinct dose, minus the speech command and Visual voice mail which are both pretty cool features.But, not must haves for me. I myself, prefer a REAL keyboard and nothing comes close to RIM'S stability. have an awesome media device with rims os. You already know what Remember you will have the 30 days to try out the device and return it if youre not happy.
    "This life almost didn't happen"

PIN/ID
    skdck
    wow, the 8350, aint that sumthin. I just ordered the 8330. Oh well, the person who will benefit from this will prolly be my wife. Her phone is working fine and she can wait for the upgrade. She just told me not to worry about it. She said that i seem to get a new phone every year anyways so ill just wait til then.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    all 3 are good phones
    Mike

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    wow, the 8350, aint that sumthin. I just ordered the 8330. Oh well, the person who will benefit from this will prolly be my wife. Her phone is working fine and she can wait for the upgrade. She just told me not to worry about it. She said that i seem to get a new phone every year anyways so ill just wait til then.

Just make sure you know which one you want. The 8330 will be on the Sprint CDMA network while the 8350 will be on the iDen (Nextel) network. Therefore, the 8330 will have the benfit of EVDO while the 8350 will not have EVDO, it will have the Nextel push to talk feature.

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    So far as I know, and i am pretty sure about this, the BB thunder is a Verizon/vodaphone exclusive, permanently (or so the rumors say) so long as they ship a certain amount. So i am not sure why everyone is telling him to wait for the thunder/storm if he is on sprint. Wait the bold? for sure. But unless he is wanting to switch to VZW then the thunder is out of hte question..... particularly in his timeframe.

BTW i have the curve on VZW and the curve is absolutely amazing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast