OK, confess: How many of you from time to time reach up the right side ... General Blackberry forum

Phantom Trackwheel

Advertisement

OK, confess: How many of you from time to time reach up the right side of your device to use the trackwheel and realize it's not there? I do, about once a week or so - just habit

I would think I'm probably the only one that will vote "yes", if for no other reason than most Pinstackers don't know what a Trackwheel is . . lol

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    its been a while, but i had several 8700's. this trackpad is wonderful, but when I first got it I kept trying to press the rollerball (8900 and 9000) in. Im enjoying this 9700. DL 3 new themes tonight, 6 custom and the two that came installed, and have about 20 apps, and my memory is still at 98.3MB free.
    Last edited by chokem; 04-25-2010 at 09:21 AM.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    Every once in a while, I still do. Started with the 7290, then the 8700, and now the 8900 for over a year. There are times that I miss it.

melder215 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i think the trackwheel was more reliable than the ball. also less parts. the optical pad has alot of parts... i like less parts..

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have used all three: trackwheel (950, 7730, 7100t and 7105t), trackball (Pearl 8100 and 8120) and now the trackpad (Bold 9780). I prefer the trackpad over both due to the fact that the trackpad doesn't show dirtiness like the trackpad does. And because the trackpad doesn't seem to have moving parts, I think it will last longer than either one. I had a trackball go bad after a year and a trackwheel go bad after about a month. I kinda miss the trackball but don't miss it enough to go buy another device using it LOL

melder215 no está en línea Stack level 2

ball

just in case anyone doesnt know. the trackball comes out easy. you need to clean behind it with a WOODEN toothpick, and scrub the ball with a DRY toothbrush. make sure both are free of dust and particles. then reinsert. jjuussstt rrriigghhtt. trackballs are only $1.50 on ebay. i keep several extra on hand.
    and a dirty or greasy hand will mess up a trackball quick..
    i soak my extra old used trackballs in denatured alcohol for a few minds to clean them.. works well. rather use a new one tho.
    the trackpad on some phones is connected to the mainboard by a flex cable. from a repair standpoint i dont like them. other than that i am probably jealous

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Ah what a blessing the trackpad is, I don't miss the trackball at all

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

I never ever liked the trackball. I liked the trackwheel, once you got the hang of it you could zip around your BB like crazy - and of course the trackpad is great. But the trackball was too unreliable, had to be taken apart and cleaned all the time. In late 2009, when RIM lost the trackball, BlackBerry went back on the map.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Oh yeah the wheel, forgot about my 7290

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Jordan.Holst no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3216F9E5
    miss my 8700, occasionally I'll go for the wheel and sigh.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My wife refuses point blank to change her 8700 for any other phone, she loves the phone, particularly it's reliability, she points out that I have been through 4 phones to her one, all of them due to components failing on them! The trackwheel is great, works well.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    The wheel was awesome but now that I am used to the Trackpad on my Torch, i dunno if I could ever revert to any of the above. Its so nice, and so was needed 3 yrs ago!!!! Trackballs, in both versions released, stunk!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!