Hello all, Long time pinstack reader, first time poster. I have a Pearl 8130 with ... General Blackberry forum

Nevagoingback no está en línea Stack level 1

Phantom Text Messages/Callers in address book show as unknown

Advertisement

Hello all,

Long time pinstack reader, first time poster. I have a Pearl 8130 with v4.3.0.60
    I have been having two problems recently:

1. Sometimes generally after a battery pull, my text message signal goes off and my led flashes, but I do not actually have a text message and I have to pull the battery again to make it go away. Anyway know what that is about?

2. I have started to receive calls from an unknown number than listen to the message and it is from someone in my address calling from that particular phone number. This has never started before today so I was hoping someone else might have a solution for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I would recommend re loading your OS...
    what ever is causing it may not be serious enough to warrant an OS wipe but...

I'll bet that will solve the problem.

I don't know though anyone else have any thoughts?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Hardrive no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31CDAE51
    I think the unknown calls might be caused by the having the do not disturb option in your profile settings selected.
    Look in your selected profile and go to advanced/edit/phone and scroll down to see if DND is set to yes. Changing to no should help.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Phat Git no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi Nevergoingback

Both myself and my partner have been receiving the phantom messages over the last few days. We have diferent BBs on diferent OS's on diferent networks, 8120 on 4.5 on O2 and Bold on 4.6 on Orange UK. So to me this looks more of a central RIM issue. Although I would have expected to hear more about it on the stacks

For the unknown calls, are they calling from a mobile or a land line? It may be that they have turned off the option to send their mobile number. Or if they are calling fom an work landline, their system may not be capable of identifying the individual number from the switchboard. I have the same problem when someone calls me from work.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Git View Post
    Hi Nevergoingback

Both myself and my partner have been receiving the phantom messages over the last few days. We have diferent BBs on diferent OS's on diferent networks, 8120 on 4.5 on O2 and Bold on 4.6 on Orange UK. So to me this looks more of a central RIM issue. Although I would have expected to hear more about it on the stacks

For the unknown calls, are they calling from a mobile or a land line? It may be that they have turned off the option to send their mobile number. Or if they are calling fom an work landline, their system may not be capable of identifying the individual number from the switchboard. I have the same problem when someone calls me from work.
    you know what I think you may have hit this one on the head.

I remember when me and my co-workers got our devices, one of them switched that particular option to hide his number.
    and when he called me he no longer came up as a contact in my book, only as an unknown number.

check this out. good call git!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey