Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I took me a few days to get use to the SureType and it took ... General Blackberry forum

armageddon513 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I took me a few days to get use to the SureType and it took a few weeks for it to learn my words. If she is going to talk in slang like that tell her she can either add the words in the custom dictionary or give it a couple weeks for the pearl to learn her words. I think after 2 times of using the word it is entered the word that it is automatically entered in the dictionary.I can't imagine using multitap all day.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yourock2425 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    So after using the word twice, the phone automatically remembers it and puts it in the drop down list ?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes. SureType is designed to learn the words, phrases, names, email addresses, etc that you use. Another good idea is to once weekly or daily, check the Custom Wordlist in the Options section and delete words she won't use or that are incorrectly spelled except for the slang she uses.

I'm on my 4th BB using SureType since 2004 (7100t, 7105t, 8100, 8120).

It took me a few days with the 7100t but each model afterwards was easier to learn...until I got the 8100. The keyboard took me some time to get used to because of the size of the keys. I wanted to take it back and get another 7105t or a sidekick, but I stuck with it for the first week. That was 19 months ago (January 2007). I have had 3 8100s and 1 8120 since.

Now I fly thru emails, chats, pins and texts.

Seems like she is getting more patient. Just know that she has 14 days to really decide if she wants to keep it.

PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    Verizon told me 30 days?

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, at first it will take a while for you to build up all your custom words.. But SureType is the way to go on a pearl. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    you could always leave suretype on so she actually has to text english words....
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!

PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    Ok, I solved her suretype problem... Pink curve coming today.. LMFAO ! Thanks everyone. .

Quote Originally Posted by yourock2425 View Post
    Yeah, my daughter was trying to type the word "gurl" and with the suretype it took forever... Shes coming from a traditional cell phone with word typing, so will see.... I told her to give the bb a chance and she will be hooked... She seems to like that you can download your own themes...
    Thing about SureType is that you only have to battle through the word "gurl" once. After that it goes in the custom dictionary and it comes up as an option.

Suretype Trivia Qustion: Something that can be done easily but few know how, how do you set SureType to all CAPS? Let's see who knows some PearlHacking out there . . .

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    I had a 7130 and couldn't type on that phone to save my life. I tried everything and just kept going back to muti-tap. One day I sat down and said I'm using this thing. I started typing and found it fairly easy as long as you didn't look at the screen. That's the key, don't look at then after you finish go back and fix what ever is wrong. Now the custom dictionary works wonders and so does auto-text.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12