Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by GeeMrScience But, what'd I know, I'm that guy in the fast lane ... General Blackberry forum

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GeeMrScience View Post
    But, what'd I know, I'm that guy in the fast lane doing 35 with the left turn signal on for the last 26 miles that can barely see over the dashboard...
    Sounds like you might be from Massachusetts. Lol

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by anaenima View Post
    Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve!
    ----------
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you may have spelled it with one too many U's?

via: Red BB 8310
    Cuuuuuuuuuurve
    Cuuuuurrrrvvve
    Cuuurrrvvvvvve
    Cuurrrrrvvveee
    Currrvvveeeeee

Sheesh, I give up, I never could speel........

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I've had both the pearl and now have the curve-curve hands down

I purchased one of each & find them both excellent.

I think it's really a matter of personal preference, & how one plans to use the device. Since I have fairly large hands I decided to keep the Curve & sell the Pearl. After I did, I missed it, so I bought the 8120 as soon as AT&T released it.

Now I have a choice between the two. This for me, is the best. As for handling a lot of email, which I do, I prefer the Curve. For convenience, the smaller size & lighter weight of the Pearl is quite nice.

Best of all they are both BlackBerrys so you cannot lose, no matter which you choose.

via: Red BB 8310
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    I hate unSureType so I waited for the Curve (8320 tmo). I also prefer the design of they keys (not just the layout). The Pearl's design, keys flat and squished together...I don't like...the Curver has separated raised keys...that's one reason I don't like the 8800 line. Also...the Pearl is too small for me...I came from a 7520 to a 8703e to a Curve...If you love small...and can stand SureType then I guess the Pearl is ok. Not for me though.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

I had the same negative feelings about SureType initially. In fact I nearly quit trying to learn it. Then it occurred to me that if I changed my attitude towards it, there was a possibility that I would be OK with it.

Well, that was the beginning of success for me. Then, much to my suprise, once I slowed down and learned it, I really enjoyed it. Shortly thereafter, I was getting really fast and truly loving it. What I found so nice was that I could use my Pearl one handed & type faster & more accurate than ever before. Once you get over the learning curve it's a terrific tecnology that is just another example of the design expertise of RIM.

via: Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    I have both .getting use to the curve so far to me the pearl is better . I think the buttons on the pearl are better. the feel better .If you want bigger screen more buttons get a laptop !The pearl fits in your pocket better, can hang from your neck
    .The curve isnt better hands down.

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    Oh the curve buttons are load as %%$#!!

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I had the same negative feelings about . Then, much to my suprise, once I slowed down and learned it, I really enjoyed it. Shortly thereafter, I was getting really fast and truly loving it. What I found so nice was that I could use my Pearl one handed & type faster & more accurate than ever before.
    via: Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have a few co-workers who love SureType and try to tell me how fast they are...I am still faster with my QWERTY keyboard and can out type them everytime...I never type with one hand...old school thumb typing

I will also add that to my co-workers (I'm the BES admin) they all say the Curve is too small for their hands. They all use 8830s.

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i always hated the pearl for suretype. the 8100 suretype was always just a huge pain to me. ive had the curve but i just took it back and decided to try out the 8120 and its improved suretype system. wow it seems 100 times better to me for whatever reason, i really couldnt eve tell you what is different about it. it just seems to work better

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    The 8120 suretype is more predictive now and I only have to type maybe 2-3 letters to get the whole word. I love it, it seems to know what I am thinking. Just to let you know the 4.5 OS will have the newer suretype on it. It works on my 8100 w/4.5.18.

Last night I was listining to songs with a stereo headset and it sounded incredible. Better than my Curve sound.

mega_boi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245B7FC0
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This pearl 8120 is my first blackberry. And I love it. I love it so much. Crackberry indeed.
    My friend has a curve, though it's not the newer kind, and I don't really like it. The screen just seems like it should be bigger than it really is. Also, metne it's just his phone, but the keyboard is like loose. Like it slides around a bit. Hard to explain but it would really bother me.

The newer curve seems great. The new keyboard, wi-fi, 2 MP camera, etc.
    It really seems like an amazing phone, but it's just too big for me. I absolutly love the form factor of the pearl. So for now, pearl all the way.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Last night I was listining to songs with a stereo headset and it sounded incredible. Better than my Curve sound.

Do you think the pearl 8120 has better sound with wired stereo headsets because of the upgraded OS and newer software? Or do you think it might be because of a newer and improved sound chip?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123