Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just one question: What carrier do you have? AT&T and T-Mobile both have the 8120. ... General Blackberry forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Just one question: What carrier do you have? AT&T and T-Mobile both have the 8120. But AT&T just went and released the 8110 which has GPS AND WiFi. I'm jealous now and wonder if T-Mo is gonna get one. If so, THAT will be the Pearl I get unless they decide not to.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The 8110 is just GPS - no WiFi. AT&T is carrying both the 8110 (GPS) and the 8120 (WiFi) so you can choose which you want, but you can't get both in one BB! (Unless you do what I did and get the 8120 plus the GPS puck. )

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    You can always buy the Curve and try it out until you have to return it (usually 15 days or so). If you like it -keep it. If not, just return it.

saigon no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've had both. Went from 8100 to Curve when T-Mobile released to now the 8120 when T-Mobile released again. It's def. an improvement over the 8100 and puts in on par with the Curve. I don't mind the small screen as I've never really watched movies on it. It's easier to text/email on if you don't do huge emails constantly and even so, I felt that I typed quicker on the Pearl than any other phone because of its predictive text and the keys with 2 letters per key. It's personal preference. Try the curve out, if you don't like, upgrade to the 8120!

renizans no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just one question: What carrier do you have? AT&T and T-Mobile both have the 8120. But AT&T just went and released the 8110 which has GPS AND WiFi. I'm jealous now and wonder if T-Mo is gonna get one. If so, THAT will be the Pearl I get unless they decide not to.
    I have AT&T and am thinking that I'm liking the sound of WiFi in the Pearl.
    Last edited by renizans; 04-26-2008 at 12:50 AM.

blackryn0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well bottom line is if you like the blackberry. The curve is a pearl with great improvements besides the obvious.

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve!

GeeMrScience no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    Go with the pearl! Small,sleek, and suretype is very easy to master!!!!!

I guess I am old school, I never did like sure type, and have always used multi tap.
    I have both, I prefer the Curve, i think its easier to use for sms/aim/email, well, anything text related...
    But, what'd I know, I'm that guy in the fast lane doing 35 with the left turn signal on for the last 26 miles that can barely see over the dashboard...
    King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    It always comes down to personal preference. What works best for you. Its just great that RIM gives you the ability to choose.I looked at both and decided I wanted more screen and simply needed a full keyboard. I'm very happy and even more so with 4.5.0.18

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    I have both device, after using curve, i no longer ever want to use pearl, its a great starter BB, but after, the curve is far better for all around use, i just might in fact take over the world with my curve!
    Either way, i do sugest you do the switch, you will love it!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Hehe.... I have both and a 7100i (Telus Mike). Personally, I find the Pearl too small (if I want something that small in my hand I can just..... (ooops... Family Site)). I hate the keypad. Unfortunately it is my work phone and I can't ditch it.

I love my Curve 8330 (Telus). The QWERTY keyboard is awesome, though I upgraded from an 8830 so it took time to get used to the space between the keys. I find the size and features of the Curve to be JUST RIGHT FOR ME.

I don't think functionally there is a lot of difference between the two, except maybe the memory space upgrade on the Curve (that can't be used anyway).

As with any phone, it is all a matter of personal preference. We don't all like the same things.....

But as an afterthought.... Pearls are for GIRLS.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Lol girlypearly

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    BB ninjas use Curve
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK HERE IS THE REAL DEAL (/cap)

I've been hearing this sort of compare all over the net but no one really says why Curve is better. I used both and heres why

Shortcut keys!
    Curve have all the most used program map out on each keys! This is the real winner here, no joke. Compose now are just a single tap of the button C away, address is now A, browser is now B, message is now M, option is now O... etc

This is real important here, because doing so can save you lots of scrolling and free much needed home screen space by hidding those icon away. My Curve only have 2 lines of icon, 3 at most... Not to mention how much faster this can be

CTL, ALT, DEL
    Another winner here, we all know on average, the bb need soft reset once in awhile, sometime even once a day... Pearl somehow dont have this feature and need to install a program to do so w/o pulling the batt, and that said program is slow to activate

Bigger screen (really)
    Although is no brainer here, the bigger screen helps, a lot!
    Some program dont "warp" text on the Pearl, such as Viigo where you wont be able to see the full title of each feed... or some program will have image over-lapping due to the smaller screen. Google Map is another program where Curve's screen makes a big different, and so is any program that are "image" heavy

Plus, the almost 1.5x larger screen helps your eyes after a long day of work
    and you'll be thankful for it without knowing

Sure type = Slow/Mistake
    Dont get me wrong, sure type is just as fast once you handle it.
    However, theres just those word that you'll need to backtrack... often use word like "see/are" "boy/not" "hey/get" "being/bring" are annoying to type and will often end up as mistake... Not to mention you cannot truly look-free typing with the Pearl since you have to keep an eye on what you type

Couple of times I email to the wrong place because of this issue

Minor issue... Less speed dial button, terrible to hold.. etc
    Although these are just minor issue here, they are just adding oil to the flame...

I personally use almost all button as speed dial on the Curve, the Pearl only offer half as much... which is a pain for me... and to hold on to the Pearl for long period of time cripple mine baby and second last finger afterward

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Paian-
    You made some great points.This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for in regards to the pearl vs.the curve. I've only had my 8320 for less than 24 hours and so far I am lovin it.

I received and returned the pearl 8120 last week.My main excuse for returning it so quickly is because the battery cover was too loose for a brand new BB(imo).What attracts me to the 8120 is the 8gb card slot, the two stereo speakers, and the newer OS which has the ability to view youtube videos. I just hope that a new OS will definitely be released for the curve which will enable these extra feature upgrades.

Can anyone who has experience with both the 8120 and the 8320 confirm weather or not the 8120's sound is the same or any better than the 8320's when listening to mp3s with a set of nice wired headphones?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast