WE recently (less then 2months) ago switched from Nextel to Alltel well I had a ... General Blackberry forum

Bunky1267 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Pearl or Curve ??

Advertisement

WE recently (less then 2months) ago switched from Nextel to Alltel well I had a 7100i, No problems for over 3 years, then I went to the 8130 pearl, Piece of Junk 1st one lasted 32 days the keys were falling off so they send me a refurbished one and less then 3o days later the phone is going physco , Takes pictures while talking on the phone, opens emails, shuts down and won't power up until I remove the battery and install it.

I finally got Alltel to give me a choice of a new phone now I'm trying to decide on the Curve or pearl Flip....

Anyone have any input on either of these phones???

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I've owned both, no offense to flip owners, but in my opinion, the Curve is superior in almost every aspect.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have the 8330 on Alltel and it is the most awesome phone I have ever used. My Brother-in-law has the flip and it has some newer things that the Curve doesn't but I would never go that route. It's mostly because of the keypad for me and not the OS.

To be honest it sounds like you just got a bad phone to begin with because my wife used the 8130 for over a year with no issues.

Honestly if you can find something to hold you over for a couple of months here in the buy, sell, trade forum or on ebay I would do that and when Alltel becomes Verizon go for the Tour or The Storm. However if they are going to do it for free I say Curve all the way!!

conedude13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have the red curve on at&t and LOVE it! the track ball is soooo smooth and i love the full qwerty key board. i especially love the keyboard short cuts from the home screen once you tweak the options and turn off dial from home screen. LOVE IT!!

tinkered with the pear too though. my buddy has one. i don't like it. the whole 2 letters to a key thing throws me off. that auto t9 text, or whatever its called these days, is pretty nice, but auto text on the curve blows it away!

my vote is for the curve!

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    I loved my Pearl when I had it but once the Curve came out I have been nothing but pleased with it. I'd say go with the Curve. The flip is an ok phone but not for me which sucks cause I opened my big mouth and told my wife we could trade phones till t mo has a new BB so now she has my curve and I have her flip.

n8tlv3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    CURVE all the way, ive never owned a pearl but i like a phone not a toy and whats the point of having a blackberry that u still have to wait for the letters to pop up on the screen!! curve is superior like the other guy said, u will love it!

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Depends on what you're looking for - full qwerty or SureType being the first question! The 8220 has the 4.6 OS with all that entails - but it doesn't have a ton of processing power (I don't know how it compares with the original curve but my 8900 kicks it's butt). On the other hand, the keys are awesome and so is the size and the fact that the screen is protected. I use my 8220 when I'm going out and want the small size for my pocket. I use the 8900 during the work week when I'm doing more multi-tasking and the size isn't such an issue. Again, I don't know how the 8330 compares in terms of processor - so that might be something to check. Ignoring the whole QWERTY vs. SureType debate - which could go on for years - they are both really nice and it really depends on user preference.... I had an 8100 and an 8120 (I'm with AT&T) for over a year each with no problem, I only changed because something new caught my eye, so I think you were just unlucky with your 8130! I loved SureType and still miss it, even though I have adjusted to the full keyboard.
    Last edited by gritsinct; 06-30-2009 at 01:46 PM.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Sorry I will never own another flip in my life, no matter if its a BB or not... They just dont agree with me. When your in loud areas and have to push the phone to your ear, it wears out the flip pretty fast. I owned 4 different flips in the past and always had the same problem.

However flips do protect the screen better but so dont cases

anyway just another thought
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I have owned both. The pearl looks better in my opinion, but the Curve functions much better! I owned my pearl for 3 months, and wished I would have selected the curve. It is a much better device.

jsplint no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have used both devices and if battery life is important go with the Curve. OS 4.6 in the Pearl flip is very smooth and there is more internal memory. I was charging the battery at least once, sometimes twice a day. I am on it quite a bit but don't wear down the battery on my Curve in a day and it's a year old. I'm back in the curve until the Tour is available.

hazzmatte no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hard to compare the both as equals. I have the Pearl flip and love it. This device meets my needs very well. I like it because is seems to function good as a phone first then a PDA second. I am a heavy phone user and the light weight combines with the flip make it confortable using as a phone. I funtion from a desk top PC daily so the email feature is just a bonus for me to keep tabs on my messages while I am out. I do not do alot of e mailing form it. The Sure type feature works very well and if you have large hands the the larger buttons on the Pearl work best. So it really depends on your needs. hope this helps.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    it's all about the 8330!!
    or if you can, wait for the tour!
    (like moderncowboy said)
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I have an 8220 along with the 8900. I really like them both. The flip is underrated. It is newer generation and has more memory than the curve and is very comfortable in your hand. Easy one hand texting. The suretype is awesome especially if you need some help spelling a word. It predicts the word and remembers the words you type the most. The keypad is the best part. The new OS upgrades have helped considerably on the speed and battery life. Just wanted to give the 8220 a fair shot for your decision.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The only thing besides the keypad that I didn't like about the Flip is it feels flimsy in your hand. Maybe that's what turned me off of it as well. After todays news I would defiantly say wait until July 12th for the Tour!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    If the Tour is coming and you have the choice to get the Tour, then I would definately go that route.