I have a friend with a pearl 8100 with extreme lag. Example typing a sms ... General Blackberry forum

jakesmobile no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl Lag

Advertisement

I have a friend with a pearl 8100 with extreme lag. Example typing a sms he can start typing and then it will just fall behind then soon just completly stop typing then he sets it down comes back to it and then it has finished, He has deleted all un needed apps/themes. He DOES NOT use his browser so his cache should be clean. He does have a memory card and both card and phone have plenty of free memory. Any other sugestions on what to do to solve this problem? I told him to just update the OS see what happens....

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I would say an os update would be in order, as well. Might want to do battery-pull first, and check messages, call logs, and memory.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    does he have alot of aps running in the background? Hold ALT then push the undo button and see how many apps there are. When you turn your phone on its should ony have like 4 or 5 programs running depending on the carrier.

thanks guys I'll let him know the sugestions

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Hold the left alt and hit L G L G, check the error log. ..anything seem weird?

Quote Originally Posted by TorturedNacho View Post
    Hold the left alt and hit L G L G, check the error log. ..anything seem weird?
    I had him clear it then send a few sms and thenn re check it it and the error its logging is net.rim.smsui/utsc

PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    SMS user interface error ? ..i couldnt find anything about that error. but thats just an educated guess about that.

yea he just sent me 8 pages of those errors. lol looks like every text sent generates an error

Before I have him update you think the new OS will be out soon for att? pearl 8100 or 8820? I know its off topic a bit

PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    I would have him reload anyways. just because it sounds like the Berry is about to have a hernia.

Quote Originally Posted by TorturedNacho View Post
    I would have him reload anyways. just because it sounds like the Berry is about to have a hernia.
    Lol. I'll do it for him tonight. let ya know in the a.m.

PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    It's Friday and its the 4th!! i wont be on the boards till sometime Sunday...
    2night starts the 3 day drinking fest =P
    PM me with what goes on after you post it. id like to know what happens.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    It might be something totally diff than my situation, but I found that I had a lag like this with my gf whom I text all day long every day. I have my phone set to clear messages every 2 months. Anyhow I deleted all the messages from my phone between her and I and it sped things back to normal for me. Another thing too is that I set my thread count to 5 prior as I had it to the max when I first got a bb and that caused it to craaawl along slower than a snails pace when it got too long. So just some other things to consider that may help if they apply at all.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".