My wife and I are getting ready to move from Verizon to AT&T. I want ... General Blackberry forum

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Pearl 8110 on AT&T

Advertisement

My wife and I are getting ready to move from Verizon to AT&T. I want the BOLD and she wants the Pearl 8110. I want the $30 data plan but my wife only wants text messaging. Will AT&T sell the 8110 w/o the data plan?

SNW
    SNW no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't believe so.

Moe2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I believe they will, but maybe you won't qualify for any rebates they might have.

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Yea I think the whole gimick there is buy the berry u need the data plan if u don't get the data plan u don't get the phone cheap. Or get the rebate with it. Btw.....!what's the point of having a 300dollar phone if u use it as a 50dollar phone?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ak602 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i dont think what people are saying is correct. The rebates come from the phone contract not the data plan. I have 2 curves on my account, one with data one with just messaging. The point behind it is you get a phone with a great PIM system and text messaging.

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I recently bought the ATT 8110. In order to qualify for the rebate you must have a BB data plan. You can still purchase the phone, you just will not receive the rebate.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_C View Post
    I recently bought the ATT 8110. In order to qualify for the rebate you must have a BB data plan. You can still purchase the phone, you just will not receive the rebate.
    Thanks for all the responses. My son has the curve and only has messaging as well. I agree with the statements about using the pearl as a phone, however my wife really doesn't uses email/web like I do. She really like the pearl's footprint and UI.