I am posting this in the General Blackberry forum because I believe that this is ... General Blackberry forum

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

PDF viewing and storage

Advertisement

I am posting this in the General Blackberry forum because I believe that this is a question that I think everyone has. I have searched the forums and as best I can tell, there is no good answer and I am not sure if the Docs to go is the answer.
    The question I have is this, is there a way to migrate, store, and view PDF files from/to the memory card. I have seen in previous posts the idea of converting the file to a .jpeg image of some sort and viewing it as an image. This is not quite the idea that some people want. Is there any way to do this without having to take all of these extra steps? Does anyone know of any apps out there that allows us to view these files and/or save them to the memory card?
    In my humble opinion, if Blackberry is the "professional" choice, this should be something that is easy. PDF documents are a standard and it seems odd that this "professional" piece of equipment is lacking.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    One of the few annoyances with the BlackBerry is that you can view documents - like PDF's - if they're an attachment, but if you save the attachment to your SD card and attempt to open it in Media's Explorer (start the Media application, then hit [Menu] and select Explore), you can't view the same file!

To view a PDF, you need a third party application. I have not been able to find a free PDF reader, but if you really need it, you can get BeamReader for $20.
    JerryD

I guess that is my gripe. You shouldn't have to pay to be able to do this. It is kind of like the complaints that VZW users had about not being able to use the embedded GPS. There has to be a better solution than paying for a third party application.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    The MobiPocket Reader desktop application (free) has a feature to convert PDF's (and other formats) into it's proprietary format, which you can then load onto the BB and read using the BB MobiPocket app (also free). That said the conversion is okay for text, but lousy with images - the images often wind up as another page and aren't zoomable. Still, it is another option.

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    Beamreader sucks. I honestly don't get why you can't view PDF's with the native reader. I look at a lot of engineering documents for school which contain a lot of complex equations and all beam reader does is butcher them with random variables. The attachments show up perfectly. The way I am currently viewing docs is a bit stupid, but works nonetheless. I store them on my memory card and then email them to myself when I need them and view them as an attachment. If I know I am going to be using the document frequently, I will store the message as saved so I can get to it quickly. The native pdf viewer is the ONLY viewer that I found to render every pdf I have found properly.

How are you storing them on your memory card? Are you using a card reader?

yourock2425 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    So no free PDF reader anywhere? hmmmmmmmmm
    *LiViN tHe DrEaM* - with my new Bold !!

jawbrkr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I cant beliebe they took beamberry, a free program, and turned it to beamreader and started charging people for it. Nonsense.
    मुझे इस बात की और हमेशा की जा!