Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by samthagreat I know there's a beta out and someone on here put ... General Blackberry forum

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by samthagreat View Post
    I know there's a beta out and someone on here put that the real thing was on another website but I went back to check and someone deleted the post
    Wayback *cough* Machine

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by siccmade View Post
    it would surprise you. not everyone uses there bb to there full potential therefor not everyone knows about it. half the people at work that have bbs didn't even know you could put a custom theme until i told them, scary i know!

its like that with technology today. half the people using half the stuff today dont even know how to really use it. my parents are just novices when it comes to computer/techy stuff. i am glad i was born in this generation

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just to make things clear:

RIM does NOT publish any device firmware directly to the end user, only to carriers and development partners.

RIM had released 4.5.0.18 pl2.7.0.43 for all 8xxx devices (except 8707) to the carriers a few days ago and that version can be accessed by carriers and development partners/alliance members only. There WONT be a public download for this. --> This is the current status of the release process (and thats what PC Magazin wrote about but they are wrong to post a URL where a Download is possible for anyone). At this time those versions are unofficial.

Now the carriers are evaluating that version and when they´re done they´ll post the download link to their websites. --> These are official releases which are accessible by everyone and a release of those versions will be posted here at Pinstack ! The time slot until they release this depends on the internal evaluation of the carrier itself. The version number might differ from carrier to carrier but the platform should be the same for all carriers.

So I really recommend to be patient for another week or two. We´ll see releases until then !

Please stop asking for Beta releases, they usually still have bugs. 4.5 is not so huge compared to 4.2.2. or 4.3, most of its features require BES 4.1.5 (which is not officially released --> www.blackberry.com/LifeCycle/external/index.do ) or BIS 2.5 (which is not implemented by RIM). Until those are not out 4.5 is nice, but not a "killer" (thats my personal opinion)
    Last edited by banthon; 04-09-2008 at 05:47 AM.

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Very well put banthon!

~via my BlackBerry Curve 8300 (wap.pinstack.com)~

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes indeed, very well put, I was also aware that the carriers received the OS for evaluation purposes. I love my BB Curve, it does everything I need it to do for now, everything else will be a bonus when the download is available.

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    O.S. 4.5 for the 8100 is vaporware to me. RIM has screwed around on a new os since I got my pearl. I've heard of os 4.3 coming a long time ago, then they said 4.5. was coming months ago. And what do we have? Still nothing but some rumors.

I loved my pearl at first, but after 4 of them messing up from hardware defects and RIM screwing with people about the new os. I give up. I don't even take care of my pearl anymore, the screen is scratched and the back is scratched. I'm just using them until my warranty is up, then I'm finished with RIM products.

Sorry for the thread highjack. I just don't see why there is so many dedicated BB users.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12