Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Also, flowx, $1 per day on the prepaid sidekick is unlimited data and unlimited texts ... General Blackberry forum

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Pay As You Go (Prepaid) BB Data Plans

Advertisement

Also, flowx, $1 per day on the prepaid sidekick is unlimited data and unlimited texts and currently voice is charged $0.20/min. That unlimited data includes emailing, web browsing, IMing, use of the catalog.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dinkberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B66C69

I've had prepaid from cingular and tmobile, prepaid isnt a ripoff if you relaize saving money isnt the goal but controlling expenses is, until RIM shakes the business only tag of the BB (which the 8800 and the Pearl seem to be doing) prepaid BB plans are unlikely. Prepaid plans voice and data are aimed at people with poor credit or people trying to control monthly cell phone expenses

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Wow I see a lot of opinions and some interest in the idea which is what I was looking for. I do hope this becomes an option one day.

JayJ no está en línea Stack level 1

To the original post, are you on Tmo's smart access plan? If so, you can change your rate plan and get the unlimited BB internet service for 19.99. It does mean that the new plan would be 300 anytime minutes but you can purchase unlimited mobile to mobile and nights and weekends.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think the biggest short term problem with prepaid BB is that carriers don't want to subsidize the cost of the BB, like they do on standard voice/data plans. With no real guarantees how much revenue they will get, they see no need to deviate 100, 200 or more from the cost of the BB. So what happens is most people don't want to spend 350 to 500 bucks for a prepaid phone? Can't really blame them, the carrier or RIM. These aren't cheap throw away phones. I'm sure there will come a day when they can produce a million a day of them, and you'll be able to buy them out of a vending machine. But it doesn't make good business sense at this point. Sorry for those of you wanting prepaid. Just IMHO.

hondasi2nr no está en línea Stack level 1

How much do you think the sidekick 3 is for prepaid? evidently tmo thought it to be a good idea to offer data services on the to go plan sidekick. i'm currently in the same boat, im tmo to go (pre-paid) and i switch from the SK3 to the Pearl 8100. i love my 8100 but just hate not being able to take full advantage of it with no data plan.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by JayJ
    To the original post, are you on Tmo's smart access plan? If so, you can change your rate plan and get the unlimited BB internet service for 19.99. It does mean that the new plan would be 300 anytime minutes but you can purchase unlimited mobile to mobile and nights and weekends.
    No I am not on Smart Access.

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by JayJ
    Smart Access? I searched on T-mo for this but the explaination wasn't very clear...what is it exactly?

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

level9 no está en línea Stack level 2

I know what he is saying though. One benefit to a prepaid plan is not having to sign up for 2 years! I am getting real tired of needing to re-up for 2 years as these companies try to stick you when you are upgrading and staying with them as a customer. (I think only Alltel doesn't make you re-up when you change a plan). If they could get the prepaid price in check, it could draw in customers.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Some users might only use 1000 minutes per year. For these people, prepaid makes sense. Some people might also hypthetically buy 25MB prepaid, and that might last you eight months with email-only usage. Killer.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Boost Mobile has a Blackberry Curve 8330 on there list of phones now!
    They have a pre-paid plan for the Blackberry Curve 8330

It's $60 for unlimited everything for the Blackberry Curve 8330 through Boost Mobile Network.

It's $50 for unlimited everything on other phones besides the Blackberry Curve 8330 on Boost Mobile Network.

More info , go to http://boostmobile.com

Just thought maybe I would post this since, I saw the topic "Pay As You Go (Prepaid) BB Data Plans.

GeneralMayhem no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm on an AT&T "Pick Your Plan". Is there a way to switch my account over to one that includes the Blackberry service?

GeneralMayhem no está en línea Stack level 2
    I guess that's a "no"?

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMayhem View Post
    I guess that's a "no"?
    I wouldn't know that answer.
    Try calling Customer Service (Try finding someone who speaks English) and asking that question
    They should know more knowledge about that .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12