Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After reading posts about members trying to activate BB's on a Pay As You Go ... General Blackberry forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Pay As You Go (Prepaid) BB Data Plans

Advertisement

After reading posts about members trying to activate BB's on a Pay As You Go plan, I think this is something RIM seriously needs to implement (or get the wireless carriers to implement). Some countries (Canada, etc) have expensive prices for data plans or none at all, so this might be something most users would be happy to see.

In my personal situation, I use my BB for games, IMs, email, web and text. It would be nice to have FULL access to this but only pay for the minutes I use INCLUDED in the prepaid data package. I have the $39.99/mo 600 Get More plan from T-Mobile USA. I HARDLY use my 600 minutes which I'm considering dumping this summer. However I also switch devices quite often (they malfunction and I pay the $15 shipping fee to get them replaced, which along with fees, taxes, my plan and added services for 2 devices, runs me over $100/mo ). This, on a limited income, can be very expensive. I would be happy to PAYG in the future otherwise I will have to port the BB to another carrier (I don't really wanna go back to Cingular LOL), or shut it off completely (losing access to the web, BB Messenger and Google Talk Messenger) and leave my other phone on T-Mobile.

JaeDee64 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F20434

Re: Pay As You Go (Prepaid) BB Data Plans

The way most pre paid is structured it would probably be more expensive on pay as you go basis even with just casual use then an unlimited plan.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Heh you don't know how prepaid works eh? It's actually much more expensive than plans in the long run.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ first of all, big. I was not complaining. This is a suggestion forum. Therefore I was making a suggestion about adding this type of plan. Yes I do know how they work. I have a sidekick that I am thinking of moving to prepaid and it only costs one dollar per day to use the web, email, texts, IM's and data (however, I'm not sure if they count using AIM, MSN, and Yahoo messengers as texts or data). I also know the calls are 20 cents per minute and that there is a certain date by which you have to refill. How much more expensive could that be than $1 per day?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ by the way those are in US figures. I'm not sure about other countries.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ And with TMobile USA, if you refill your account with $100 worth of refills, you get 15% more minutes added with each additional refill. This would translate into more days for data usage, on all phones EXCEPT the Sidekick for me because I don't use it as a phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I meant I would be able to use the BB longer, not all phones.

flowx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F62854

I had my prepaid sidekick for a wile now and its 1 dollar per day for emails web text mms aim yahoo and msn and its 15cents a minute I did fine with 10 dollars a week that's 30 a month and payed no taxes which in new York is 10 dollars on any other plan

michaelp no está en línea Stack level 2

ok - i am going to weigh in here - i for a 3rd party that has to do with some carriers and BlackBerry prepaid is not that far fetched i have it on good authority that carriers and also manufacuters are looking into the untapped market of prepaid data b/c the consumers are looking for it - up to a year ago they did some studies on it and as i understand it are approaching carriers to convince them in select test markets to see how it goes - maybe there will be maybe they won't - i would say we are all for info and don't knock the post b/c they gentleman asked the question

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i agree, there should be a pre-paid plan for bb. It can be good for RIM because some people might be just holding back of buying a blackberry because they think that its too expensive with a data plan etc.. But with a pay as you go data plan, it would be affordable for other cheap users (sorry lol) to buy a bb and use it. am I making sense here? Hahah

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

20 cents a minute? that is cheap. UK Vodafone and be 40p per minute, 80 odd cents by my reckoning.
    The trouble I have in UK is not with data plans but the cost of the blackberry service itself, for example I have a 400Meg per month data plan for Ł75, but one service provider wanted Ł25 a month per handset to add BB service, scandalous, when another charged me Ł7.50 and gave me another 6MB a handset.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

In my search online, I just found a regional carrier, which does offer prepaid services and offer BB's, Treos, Q's as well as regular phones. The consumer has to pay for the plan of their choice up front each month. I'm not sure if this includes the data plans as well.

I saw this at www.ntelos.com, but I'm sure that since it is a regional carrier that service will more than likely be limited if you travel outside of the carriers footprint although it states nationwide coverage.

I didn't find that my Cingular service with my BB was cheaper, but I did rack up a lot of rollover minutes when I had Cingular.

Overall, I have found T-Mobile to be the cheapest, as far as data plans and voice plans. Yet, depending on where you live, T-Mobile coverage may not be best for you.

As far as using the sidekick on prepaid or postpaid, IMs are charged and data and not texts.

flowx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F62854

No their not. Its all included in the dollar per day IMs and everything else plus 15cents a minute I should know... I have a prepaid sidekick

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

I'm sorry i did not mean to sound like a jerk hehe but here in Canada anyway, prepaid stuff are total rip off wrapped in "i'm saving money!" illusion blanket heh.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Flowx,IMs on a prepaid or postpaid sidekick plan are charged as data and not texts. Yes, it is included as the $1 per day. I typed and earlier but it should have been as. I'm quite familiar with it how it goes. I sell the product!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast