I know that I can lock the blackberry with a password. I would like to ... General Blackberry forum

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

Password for applications?

Advertisement

I know that I can lock the blackberry with a password. I would like to know is there any way to lock applications that would require a password before you used it? Thanks

th0575 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245BA541
    I think you can only lock the phone book.
    NOTHING IS TO DIFFICULT AND NOT TRYING IS THE ONLY FAILURE!

ALWAYS WATCHING!

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    no you can only lock the device. its all or nothing. atleast without 3rd party apps
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic View Post
    no you can only lock the device. its all or nothing. atleast without 3rd party apps
    I've never tried it, but their is a feature called Permissions that appears to control access to applications. It's at Advanced Options>Applications. Highlight the ap and open the menu (click the trackwheel/ball) and "Edit Permissions" appears. I've never used it, though, but it may be a security feature for aps. Something to look at -

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4
    What 3rd party apps would you recommend trying?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I've never tried it, but their is a feature called Permissions that appears to control access to applications. It's at Advanced Options>Applications. Highlight the ap and open the menu (click the trackwheel/ball) and "Edit Permissions" appears. I've never used it, though, but it may be a security feature for aps. Something to look at -
    That edit permission is the permissions for the application itself and what info it is permitted to access. A few examples are allowing it access to GPS, key stores, carrier internet, screen shots and many others. There is no option in permissions to control peoples use of the app, just what parts of your phone and data the app is allowed to use. At least that's how that works on my 8130.....if its different on other devices, someone please correct me so I don't mis-inform anyone else........I hate being wrong but am always willing to admit it.

It would be nice though if controlling access to apps was a choice there too!!