Ok, so I upgraded my Bold 9000 to the .411 beta OS, and I'm liking ... General Blackberry forum

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2

Oy, I'm in Trouble! BBM 5 disappeared!

Advertisement

Ok, so I upgraded my Bold 9000 to the .411 beta OS, and I'm liking it ok. Just upgraded to BBM 5.0.0.55, it's working ok. So my wife wanted me to upgrade her 9000 to the 411 beta so she could have the voice dialing back, (.238 doesn't have it oddly enough). So I upgraded her, the same way I did my own a week ago. BBM 5 is no longer around. It shows as being installed in the list of applications, but it's not showing anywhere! I did menu button, chose show all, and peeked around in all of the folders, and it's just not anywhere! I uninstalled it, and re-installed several times, every way I know how, and no dice. I even went so far as to wipe the phone, and start from scratch, still nothing! It shows installed, but is unavailable, not visible!

The only thing I can think of that is different in this case, is that I upgraded to 411 OS on my own phone while I had the 5.0.0.33 version installed, and then upgraded to 5.0.0.55. On my wife's phone, I had already upgraded to 5.0.0.55 before I upgraded to 411 OS.

Checked FAQ on blackberry's website, and it said look in other folders, or make sure you have an official OS installed. Doh! So, here's what I'm thinking, find a copy of the BBM 5.0.0.33, install it, and then upgrade it. But I've looked around and can't find anything that works. Can anyone help me out?

-capT

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Last time I looked, 5.0.0.33 was released in the App World catalog under Social Networking>IM.

That one is the 5.0.0.55 version. That's why I've been looking for the 33 version, it's all been superseded by the 55 version everywhere.

Ok, downgraded to the .238 OS, and then went to mobile.blackberry.com and started installing BBM. Oddly enough, it said version 5.0.0.56! Must be brand new within the hour or something... Even on Appworld it is still only showing the .55 version...

It is now showing the icon, and it works... I wonder if I go back to 411 if it will work?

-capT
    Attached Images Attached Images

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I don't think it has to do with .55. When I reloaded once it showed up in the messaging folder alongside yahoo etc. Take a look there..or go back and wipe with bbsak, then reload and ensure you check the bbm selection box... I'm sure it is likely not as it should be! Good luck

Well, after the upgrade to .411 THIS time, it stayed. I really don't understand what happened, but I'm glad it's finally fixed.

-capT