This "over the air" or wireless sync is confusing me. I've looked around about this ... General Blackberry forum

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

"Over the air" or wireless sync

Advertisement

This "over the air" or wireless sync is confusing me. I've looked around about this and wanted to get some clarification.

Facts -- a) both my assistant (who is going to be in the office) and me (I am always out of the office) are using Outlook for everything except e-mail (we are forced into using Lotus). b) my BB will be set up on a BES (not sure what version, although I know the home office has several as they can accomodate numerous carriers)

Question -- if I am out of the office with my BB, and my assistant schedules a meeting for me, will that entry (meeting) show up on my BB, again, if we are both using Outlook? What about if we decided against Outlook and used the BB calendar?

How can I get this capability?

Thank you very much.

Eric

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Re: "Over the air" or wireless sync

Howdy Ti,

If your assistant schedules a meeting for you (on Outlook), it will show up on your blackberry. And if you decide to use your bb calendar, this will sync up with Outlook automatically too. Either way, it will sync up. Hope this helps.
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

OK, so here's the deal, at least what I've been told.

The home office tells me that the only way I can get the "over the air" sync is if both my assistant and me -- both use the calendar in Lotus. I asked why is that and didn't really get a good answer, more just some mumbo jumbo which the person knew would work because I am a Tech Idiot, LOL. Anyway, they just reiterated that they support a Lotus Domino environment and that's what we must use for e-mail and to get the over the air/wireless sync, we must "go through" their BES servers and that's going to be a Lotus deal (Lotus calendar).

So, here's the question -- do they speak the truth?

Also, I've now got this BB Desktop software. I've noticed that BB does not have it's own calendar -- say for example like Palm Pilot. I open Palm Desktop software and bang -- there is my calendar, contacts, to do, etc. The BB software doesn't have this. So, in laymen's terms, the BB is just a "delivery medium" and the infrastrucutre is elsewhere -- Outlook, Lotus, etc. -- ??? Is that right, generically?

Thanks.

Eric

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Idiot
    ...I know the home office has several as they can accomodate numerous carriers)
    Actually, a single BES server can be used with multiple carriers. The BES doesn't care what carrier the handheld belongs to.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Actually, a single BES server can be used with multiple carriers. The BES doesn't care what carrier the handheld belongs to.
    OK, I was just kind of repeating what I was told. Thanks.

Eric

The over the air/wireless sync is up, running, working and really cool. I open my calendar and BAM!!! new appointments/meetings appear.

If I ever really learned how to utilize my BB, the features, etc. -- I could be really dangerous, LOL.

Eric

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

Here's to you becoming Dangerous!!!!! Congrats, Glad it's working. Have fun and ask a lot of questions.
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!