Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this if they have their work e-mail pushed ... General Blackberry forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Outlook Web Access through BIS

Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this if they have their work e-mail pushed to the device via OWA.

I've noticed that when I respond to or forward an e-mail I've already received, the same e-mail gets pushed to the device again.

Does that make sense?

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks in advance,
    Roger

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    That is because Exchange/Outlook changes the origional email and BIS sees that it has chanegd and send it again. I move mine to folders before I do anything with them and that keeeps me from getting the same thing. I also use OWA for mine too.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson View Post
    That is because Exchange/Outlook changes the origional email and BIS sees that it has chanegd and send it again. I move mine to folders before I do anything with them and that keeeps me from getting the same thing. I also use OWA for mine too.
    He is right. Your messaging server is changing the UID of the email when you reply to it. Therefore when the BIS service looks it sees a new UID and forwards that message to the device. This is something your admins should be able to take care of if they are willing to.

I see. Thanks for that tip, MW.

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    He is right. Your messaging server is changing the UID of the email when you reply to it. Therefore when the BIS service looks it sees a new UID and forwards that message to the device. This is something your admins should be able to take care of if they are willing to.
    Thanks, Mark. Not sure they'd be willing to, but if they are, what exactly do I need to ask them to do?