I have my Outlook mail redirected to my 7130c based on certain parameters set in ... General Blackberry forum

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Outlook Mail Redirect to BB

Advertisement

I have my Outlook mail redirected to my 7130c based on certain parameters set in the "Rules/Alerts" section of Outlook. I get these messages fine when I'm logged in to Outlook, but when I'm logged out, my messages are not forwarded. I'm on a BIS, not BES.

I figure this has to do with the fact that I'm not "logged in". But this feature in Outlook seems useless if you can't retrieve your messages when not in the office. Do I have to keep my PC booted and my Outlook open even when I'm out of town in order to get these messages redirected.

Sorry if this sounds convoluted.

Thanks, Lisa

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Outlook Mail Redirect to BB

Lisa, just a quick question...does your company allow you to check email from a web browser? i am SURE i am not using the correct language, but with my company, we can log onto an exchange server online at mail.mycompany.com and retrieve mail. its called OWA i think. anyhow, if the permissions are set on the company side, then i believe you can just add it to your BIS account like yahoo or gmail. does that make sense?

-cherri

Thanks for the quick response. Yes we can check mail via a web browser. I"m going to try adding it to my BIS account and see what happens. I'll write back more later. Thanks again.

Well I went through the set up procedure through BIS and I received a message stating that the server would not respond to my request. I'm going to try email our helpdesk and see if they know how to do it. Thanks, Cherri, for your help.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Lisa,
    I have 2 questions that will help dictate how you should proceed here. You said you didn't use BES so there are a few ways to move forward.
    1. Do you use Microsoft Exchange at work?
    2. Do you have a laptop or are you required to logout of your computer when you leave the office? It doesn't matter if outlook is open or not.
    Thanks and let me know!