I recently switched from a Treo to a BlackBerry 8830 WE and love it...except for ... General Blackberry forum

jps0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A8947?

Question Outlook, GMail, & Blackberry syncs - can anyone explain this anomaly?

Advertisement

I recently switched from a Treo to a BlackBerry 8830 WE and love it...except for one thing. Using, the Verizon BIS administration page, I have setup the BlackBerry to access a personal GMail account. When using my BlackBerry, if I send an email from my personal GMail address to the same personal GMail address, i.e. to self as reminder or "to do", the email is not pulled down by my desktop Outlook 2003 client. However, if I go into the GMail account using the online web interface, that particular email is in the inbox in an 'unread' state. If I send an email to the same personal GMail account from my Verizon BIS email account (or any other email account on my BB), it is both pulled down to my desktop Outlook 2003 client and shows in the GMail inbox online as 'unread' - what one would expect.

So my question is this: when I am using my BB, how do I send and email from my personal GMail account to my personal GMail account such that I am later able to download those emails into my Outlook 2003 client? FWIW, this is all being done to facilitate a 'GTD' work process.

Thanks in advance for your help and thoughts.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I just tested out your problem and yeah, that sucks. I assume gmail and BIS have the same sort of relation to each other as a phone and its voicemail. That is.... if you call your number from your phone it goes to that number's viocemail because the system knows...

I have 6 email addresses on the Blackberry so it isn't much of a problem for me though. This solution may be impractical but it should work...

Set up another gmail account and set that account to forward all messages to the gmail account you use normally... that way it should work. You send the "reminders" to that "remind me account" and you should get them on your BB and Outlook.

Just an idea.
    Last edited by eazid; 09-18-2008 at 04:40 AM.
    "Who Dares Wins"

jps0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A8947?
    Quote Originally Posted by eazid View Post
    This solution may be impractical but it should work...

Set up another gmail account and set that account to forward all messages to the gmail account you use normally... that way it should work. You send the "reminders" to that "remind me account" and you should get them on your BB and Outlook.
    Thanks for sharing the idea. I considered the same thing last night as I was falling asleep and it does work. I have simply made a dummy contract entry for the new email address so that I can access it quickly. After setting the right filters in Outlook and BIS, everything is working as I had envisioned.

Now, on to more pressing issues for clients....