Greetings all, could someone shed some light on whether we have a way of viewing ... General Blackberry forum

Michlo no está en línea Stack level 1

Outlook forms

Advertisement

Greetings all,

could someone shed some light on whether we have a way of viewing Outlook forms on our Blackberry devices please?

We're in need of this at work for a standardized alert form we wish to use but at the moment we can't view them on the BBs.

Cheers.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Outlook forms

I use Outlook daily but I'm not familiar with what you mean by Outlook forms. Could you elaborate please?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Thanks for the reply.

Within Outlook you can create what they call forms. It is based on the existing "forms" such as what comes up when you hit "new message". You can edit them into whatever you want such as what we need which is a report for outages that is sent out to various departments. The reason we want it as a form is to retain consistency between the different operators who will write or update the outage report. Since it is built up of different fields some of which can only take text, some only numbers, etc. it helps to achieve this.

When it is sent out it comes as an attachment on the Blackberry and apparently BB doesn't know how to view it.

I hope that hasn't confused the issue even further! heh

I think I've added the form as an attachment in case that helps. I had to zip it up of course but just run your virus program on it so that you know it is safe.

Cheers.

Anybody else have any insight please?

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have worked with forms before and since they need to be "installed" to each machine to view them, Blackberry cannot see them. Blackberry can only view emails in a text format and a form is usually a more than just a plain text. So, I don't think its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by data1025
    I have worked with forms before and since they need to be "installed" to each machine to view them, Blackberry cannot see them. Blackberry can only view emails in a text format and a form is usually a more than just a plain text. So, I don't think its possible.

Drat, that is what I was afraid of. Thanks, mate.