Has anyone successfully linked their Pearl (or other BB) to an email account and Outlook? ... General Blackberry forum

rjkb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250F3BEA

Outlook/email/Pearl synchronisation

Advertisement

Has anyone successfully linked their Pearl (or other BB) to an email account and Outlook? I want to use Outlook to organise my contacts calendar and emails on my laptop and have the emails appear on my Pearl. I have a hotmail address and my Pearl is with o2.co.uk. I am willing to change both and even Outlook if I can get a laptop organiser that links /syncs with the email address and the Pearl. I have been trying for 10 days and am getting nowhere!

rjkb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250F3BEA

Re: Outlook/email/Pearl synchronisation

Quote Originally Posted by rjkb
    Has anyone successfully linked their Pearl (or other BB) to an email account and Outlook? I want to use Outlook to organise my contacts calendar and emails on my laptop and have the emails appear on my Pearl. I have a hotmail address and my Pearl is with o2.co.uk. I am willing to change both and even Outlook if I can get a laptop organiser that links /syncs with the email address and the Pearl. I have been trying for 10 days and am getting nowhere!
    I should have added that I use Blackeberry Internet - and not an Enterprise server

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Hey welcome to pinstack , and towards your question, i am not really sure about it, i do belive for the function you have described you most likly need bes.

PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Sorry i forgot to add, i am fairly sure you need bes, you can host it for 10 $ a month or even cheaper, and then get black berry addition to it. just search exchange server, then look for BB addition, you can mostlikly get it to work for about 20 $ a moth i think, but still do a small search.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Yep, BES is required for wireless sync.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Well, let me see if I got this right, you want to have your Outlook: email, calendar and contacts in sync with your blackberry. Okay, I have Windows Vista Ultimate and Outlook has always been my fav, whenever I sink with my BB Desktop Manager, it syncs my contacts and calendar; my emails are already on my BB Curve, because I set all of them up with my BIS and all works flawlessly.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

The OP didn't say anything about wireless sync...

What exactly have you tried? What are the problems that you're having? There are plenty of people that use BIS for email and sync to Outlook.

PIN/ID
    232D8D38

For wireless i do belive he will need BES... but lets see waht takeshi knows