Over the past month or so, I have noticed that I have been recieving my ... General Blackberry forum

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3

Outlook email delay to BB

Advertisement

Over the past month or so, I have noticed that I have been recieving my work related emails about 10 minutes later than on my desktop. I use BIS (because my blackberry is mine personal, and my agency hasn't decided to start issuing them as of yet) However, in the past I would recieve my messages instantly, but now as I mentioned there is a serious delay. In my position there are alot of emails that should be addressed without delay (yeah, I know they should pay for my BB, another story). Anyone have any ideas.

oh yes, my work email is set-up through a server and we are using outlook. There is no delay when I respond. Thanks for the help.
    Went to the darkside and got a Vibrant!

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Strange..... push email is supported on gmail, aol, hotmail, yahoo, and of course BES. Now that BIS supports IMAP, maybe you can reconfigure your account using IMAP. That should get mail to you almost instantly.

Have you asked your server support team?

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3
    I will contact them tomorrow. How do I reconfigure using IMAP?
    Went to the darkside and got a Vibrant!

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    You will need to manually configure the account on the BIS. I am sure there's a thread that has the steps so do a search on BIS setup. Its quite simple.