So I got my Verizon Curve today and I am setting it up and got ... General Blackberry forum

rok8man no está en línea Stack level 3

Out of the box Curve doesnt work!

Advertisement

So I got my Verizon Curve today and I am setting it up and got it activated and tried to get it setup with my work email and nothing. I did the battery pull and all and then called the Customer service and after an hour with them they determined that the unit is defective as the radio is not getting the right signal. So back it goes and the kicker is that verizon will send me a refurb Curve to replace the one not working.

I waited for three days for this one and now have to wait some more. Its just horrible. I need my blackberry fix.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I could see them sending you a refurb after you've had the device for awhile, but this is a brand new one we're talking about here! I would've demanded a brand new replacement!

My purchasing manager said that is Verizon's protocol whether it was a week old or brand new. I will tell him to demand a new one...

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    his company is probably past the 30 days grace period, only thing that would hold him back from getting a new one...hmmm

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rok8man View Post
    My purchasing manager said that is Verizon's protocol whether it was a week old or brand new. I will tell him to demand a new one...
    That's not true. They will replace a new phone with a new one, NOT a refurb up to 30 days. After 30 days, you will receive a refurb if you have to have it warrantied for any reason.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by rok8man View Post
    So I got my Verizon Curve today and I am setting it up and got it activated and tried to get it setup with my work email and nothing. I did the battery pull and all and then called the Customer service and after an hour with them they determined that the unit is defective as the radio is not getting the right signal. So back it goes and the kicker is that verizon will send me a refurb Curve to replace the one not working.

I waited for three days for this one and now have to wait some more. Its just horrible. I need my blackberry fix.
    Now from my understanding your post/ thread; you have a work email address that you are trying to get your emails on the device? If so, then you have to make sure that they have an account/profile set up on the BES server in order for the Enterprise Activation to work... So, if you do not have an account/ profile setup for the BES server then that would be the first step before sending your BB back to Verizon and this is something that the Verizon tech should have referred you to do!

Try this if you have not already done so and let us know what happens!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Well I work for the IT dept and I was setting myself up on the BES side. The Verizon tech tried to resend the service books and that didnt work and there were nothing in the routing table to which he said its a radio issue. Also I told him that I was getting 1x to which the Verizon tech said that I should be getting a 1XEV signal.

My purchasing manager just told me that Verizon was going to ship me a refurb Curve. Purchasing manager said its brand new came in today and the rep said that he had to be transferred to another dept and after talking to them and doing some additional troubleshooting they finally conceded and said they were shipping out a new model. On a side note I worked with the verizon tech for an hour as well trying to resolve this issue.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    My comment is for everyones consideration. There is much controversy over the topic of getting a new replacement BlackBerry or getting a refurbished one. There is also a lot of misunderstanding around this issue. Each carrier has their own policies which are clearly spelled out in your contract. The problem is who wants to read page after page to determine what you are entitled to vs what you are not. To make matters worse there are far too many employees at your store that do not take the time to learn the policy themselves. So if we ask & are given the wrong info, its still on us. Only the equipment replacement department of your carrier knows the policy well. That said, in the majority of cases a refurb is all you are entitled to, like it or not. You are certainly free to negotiate, but you need to understand the policy you agreed to when you signed up with your carrier.
    sent via BlackBerry
    ~(wap.pinstack.com)~