Hi, I've been searching for an answer to this problem now for a few days ... General Blackberry forum

shampoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301A58DA

Oulook, Google Calendar and invitations

Advertisement

Hi,

I've been searching for an answer to this problem now for a few days and I think I have found a solution.. But I want to check it out with you all first to make sure I haven't misunderstood something.

It basically works like this:

1) I am a consultant who is going to start a new contract this week.
    2) The client uses Outlook and Exchange
    3) I personally use Google Hosted Apps for email, calendar, etc
    4) I own a BB and I sync using Google Sync
    5) The client is very strict with their PC's and they are locked down. Therefore, I cannot install any software without going through IT services and that gets messy..
    6) I want to be able to keep both calendars (the client's calendar) and mine on my BB.

There appears to be two solutions. The first is manual, which is to export Outlook's calendar as a CSV, head over to Google hosted apps and import there. Kinda messy, somewhat annoying, but it should work.

The next solution is to automatically forward all my work mail to my Google hosted account. The trick is when the invitations arrive to my BB to NOT accept them via the BB. If I do, the organizer of the meeting will get my acceptance from my personal mail account (something that is frowned upon).

I noticed that when the invitation arrives, if I choose "Check calendar" from the menu option and then choose "Save" from the menu option, the entry gets added and from what I can figure out, no acceptance or refusal gets sent.. From there I can just delete or ignore the invite..

Then from Outlook, at the client site, I can accept or decline.

That makes sense? Can anyone confirm that return mails are not sent to the originator of the meeting when using this save method ? I've tested it and it appears so.. But I just want to make sure.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Thanks

J

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Re: Oulook, Google Calendar and invitations

I see the very same thing.

Here's what I've noticed:
    1. If someone send me an invitation from a BB, it lets me choose (Accept, Decline, Tentative, etc.)
    2. If someone send me an invitation from Outlook, it lets me choose (Accept, Decline, Tentative, etc.)
    3. If someone send me an invitation from Lotus Notes, it sometimes lets me choose (Accept, Decline, Tentative, etc.) I suspect it's a specific version or Notes that either got better or worse. I've had problems with Notes-Outlook Calendar translation for years and this is just one of the extremely frustrating anomalies that I've learned to live with.

XXTwnz no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Oulook, Google Calendar and invitations

Shampoo, my situation is very similar to yours. In addition, we've been asked NOT to send acceptances. In Outlook one can Accept without sending a response but the BB won't do that. I tried your tricks but deleting the meeting request message still deletes the appointment. I have a Pearl so the menu option "Check Calendar" is "View Calendar" and doesn't save the meeting without either accepting (and sending a response to the meeting originator) or keeping the cluttering meeting request in my inbox.

Thanks for the suggestions and I'm continuing to experiment myself to find a solution.

shampoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301A58DA

Re: Oulook, Google Calendar and invitations

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Can you edit the entry ? If so, you should be able to save it. I can on my 8830. Just don't delete the mail with the invitation or you will delete the calendar entery. It's working fine for me.

J