Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your product, It would be perfect if I could use it with my hosted domain. ... General Blackberry forum

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: OTA sync with Google Calendar

Advertisement

Your product, It would be perfect if I could use it with my hosted domain. By the way the new Sync feature is nice.

Sadelb: Calendar share downloads the data from Google and places it into you BB calendar.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

^^BUMP^^

I downloaded the trial (for the second time) two days ago. Just like the first time, I set up everything just as described on the help page. There has yet to be any syncs between my BB and my Google calendar.

Is there some special "fix" that is necessary to get this to work? I was really hoping to get this to work, because the idea is great. If it worked more seemlessly, I think there would be a huge market for it.
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.

PENorwood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I have the same issue ... it is all set up but there doesn't seem to be any sync going on. With no actual log file I can't tell if there is an error or something going on.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I seem to be having the same issue on my 8300. I set it up, it says it will synch, but nothing happens... no error messages, nothing.

Update - I just sent an email to thier support on the website.
    Last edited by melissaox; 07-28-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, after a couple days it decided to sync. There was only one successful entry synced and 9 errors.

ziipppp no está en línea Stack level 1

I really really wanted to like this product. And after all the billing of "set it and forget it" it seemed to good to be true. It was.

It set up and worked pretty well - but then something strange happened I went to my GCal page and ALL the events over the sync period were wiped out. Ow. So I called them (they had been quite responsive) to see what was up and they said "it couldn't possibly have been our product, its not how it works, whatever happened it wasn't our fault" which seemed weird as the EXACT period of deletions was the period of syncing. But I was stuck.

So I decided to wipe my calendar and start over. Thats when I found that a bunch of calendar items gave me an error, something to do with an external viewer and not being able to be edited on the device. Ughgh. So then I basically reset my machine and started over.

But because this apps promise is so good I decided to reinstall (and purchase it, I might add). And I set the sync forward time for 30 days, and again it seemed to work well. But I need to plan more than 30 days out, so after about a month of testing (I was hoping to roll this out across my small business) I upped it to 90 days.

Next day I went to GCal and once again, my whole calendar was wiped. Which is terrifying. Then I started the app, looked at it and it said "70 deletions - successful" Successful for the app maybe. Disastrous for me. So I emailed them again August 30th but got not reply. I emailed them again September 7th to say "umm, I'm kind of in a pickle here, do you think you could tell me if you are working on this?" September 10th they wrote to say "we are investigating".

Its now September 18th and I haven't heard a thing.

In the meantime I tried to blank out my calendar and discovered those weird rogue "external viewer" calendar events that are undeletable by the BB. But I just don't have time to hard reset the whole system - so I'm living with them.

If you can make it work, it really is fabulous (deletions, and the odd duplicated event notwithstanding). But if you change the settings make sure you have everything backed up and be prepared for the odd random shock. As always, your mileage may vary.

I felt I had to warn others, as there are so many glowing reviews out there for CalendarShare - I did find one other person who wrote to say that he had mass deletions, but that conversation thread got closed.

Meanwhile if I can find an app that will do reliably what this one says it will do ie sync to the onboard agenda wirelessly, I have $20 to $50 x five users worth of budget. Let me know!

BadTim no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: OTA sync with Google Calendar

Does anyone have any updates on this?

I read this thread with great interest hoping that I'd finally found a remedy for one of the most troublesome problems I've had with my new 8800 since I bought it. The company representative seemed keen to answer any and every post enthusiastically for a period of time but then categorically lost interest. Is this what has happened with their support as well?

I certainly don't want to install this app if it will wipe out my calendars!

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12