I just upgraded to 4.5 (Sprint 8830), and one thing I noticed is that when ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

OS 4.5 changed key shortcut?

Advertisement

I just upgraded to 4.5 (Sprint 8830), and one thing I noticed is that when I press and hold the "talk" button from the homescreen it now goes to the past calls menu. On 4.2 when I held down the "talk" button it would take me to my address book (at least I think it did!). Is there any way to bring back this functionality?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Dunno. I'm running 4.6 and initially thought you had "dial from homescreen" turned off. Tried on mine and both took me to phone log. With it turned on you hit a key and it will list contacts under that letter, but the send or talk will just show phone log. Same on gf 8310 with 4.5
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Instead of holding the green button just start typing the persons name your looking for
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is there anyway to set it to open the address book however?

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes there is..
    -Hit it once (it will take u to the call log)
    -from the call log, press and hold the call button (won't dial ur last # on ur log)

Yes u can call by typing ur friends name 1st letter but I find it handy if I want to edit a contact which u can't do on the call log or by typing the 1st letter ~instead of looking for for the add bk icon depending on the theme ur running.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~