Recently upgraded to 4.5.0.81 on my AT&T 8310. The upgrade worked like a charm and ... General Blackberry forum

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question OS4.5 Address Book & Message List Font Control?

Advertisement

Recently upgraded to 4.5.0.81 on my AT&T 8310. The upgrade worked like a charm and all is well for the most part. Phone performance is good. No crashes or other issues.

My question is I have noticed that the font used in the Messages List and the Address Book seems extra large and there is some cutoff the edges on characters. I've tried changing the font using Options -> Screen/Keyboard but these changes do not seem to affect the font used in Messages and Address Book.

Theme wise I'm using the Plasmic Vista theme. Are the fonts in the Address Book and Messages controlled by the theme or by the Screen/Keyboard font settings?

Quote Originally Posted by rmarkowitz View Post
    Recently upgraded to 4.5.0.81 on my AT&T 8310. The upgrade worked like a charm and all is well for the most part. Phone performance is good. No crashes or other issues.

My question is I have noticed that the font used in the Messages List and the Address Book seems extra large and there is some cutoff the edges on characters. I've tried changing the font using Options -> Screen/Keyboard but these changes do not seem to affect the font used in Messages and Address Book.

Theme wise I'm using the Plasmic Vista theme. Are the fonts in the Address Book and Messages controlled by the theme or by the Screen/Keyboard font settings?
    On themes not specifically part of the OS (downloaded Plazmic themes, themes you write yourself, etc), many of the fonts are controlled by the theme, to varying degrees. (probably depending how good a hack the author is). To troubleshoot, switch your 83xx to a regular BB theme (like Zen) or a vendor theme and check whether screen/keyboard can control the font . . . then you'll know if it's the Berry or the theme.