I am a new Blackberry user, previously owned a treo 680. The one thing that ... General Blackberry forum

zakmorrisbrick no está en línea Stack level 1

Organinzing Text Messages On BB like Treo

Advertisement

I am a new Blackberry user, previously owned a treo 680. The one thing that was good about the treo was the way it organized text messages. The sender's name would be at the top with all their messages received below. It was very well organized when compared to the BB. On My Curve all I see are all my received text messages in one area. Would there be a way to categorize received text messages by the sender's name or number?

The treo even had the conversation feature which was great. Hopefully Blackberry can do something about this.

P.S, this was the only good thing about the treo compared to 100 bad things...

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Organinzing Text Messages On BB like Treo

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I don't think you can create message folders unless you are on BES. Even then I don't know if you could do it for text messages. Even BB isn't perfect. Pretty close though.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Organinzing Text Messages On BB like Treo

Filters are your friend...You can do this with your Email and SMS/MMS

Highlight who ever you wish, Hit Menu, Select Search Recipient. This will bring up all texts from the person.

For Email same thing, just the Search becomes Search Sender.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Trust me they have thought of mostly everything you just have to find out where it is and how use it It's a different OS they just do it a bit differently, but it usually does it.
    Last edited by reddog187; 09-05-2007 at 10:14 PM.