Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I prefer the BB browser for its shorter load time and because I can enter ... General Blackberry forum

imkdd no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: OperaMini vs MediaNet vs Other Browsers

Advertisement

I prefer the BB browser for its shorter load time and because I can enter text right in the browser screen as noted above, but I keep Opera handy for those few sites that give the BB browser a problem, like the FedEx tracking site.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

it depends what I am needing to do. for quick web searches and to access secured sites like my BoA account, I use my bb browser. For full html browsing, like myspace, I use opera mini 4. I keep the default browser set on blackberry emulation since it allows secured sites to recognize my bb and since microsoft ie emulation isn't quite as good at trying to be a full html browser as opera mini is.

s0ldats no está en línea Stack level 1

i have tried opera mini and i must admit, i prefer the bb browser.

i value native integration, and in my opinion, opera mini is not integrated well at all.

fritzykadoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FB96F8

I used to have Opera-mini on my Treo and preferred it over the Palm browser. Thought I would have the same eexperience on my BB. But most of the time Opera-mini is just faiing to connect. So I use the BB browser most of the time. Still have Opera mini just in case, though.

s0ldats no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by fritzykadoo View Post
    I used to have Opera-mini on my Treo and preferred it over the Palm browser. Thought I would have the same eexperience on my BB. But most of the time Opera-mini is just faiing to connect. So I use the BB browser most of the time. Still have Opera mini just in case, though.
    same feeling.

tj2311111 Guest

I prefer Opera Mini 4 over the BB browser. Opera Mini 4 for me is as fast if not faster (definetly not slower) than the BB browser plus I never get the failing to connect message. Only thing I really use the BB browser for is OTA downloads and WAP sites but besides that I mainly use Opera Mini 4.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

I like how my BB browser let's me set a home page. I also use this when I am downloading OTA.
    I like how OperaMini views pages in full, and most of the time it seems to work faster for me. And bookmarks are faster to get to.
    I never really use MediaNet. I just keep it there though because it doesn't really bother me.
    ~Lauren

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12