Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are the pros/cons and can's/cant's of the different browser choices available to us on ... General Blackberry forum

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question OperaMini vs MediaNet vs Other Browsers

Advertisement

What are the pros/cons and can's/cant's of the different browser choices available to us on the Blackberry platform?

My 8310 came stock with a MediaNet browser and another app just called Browser. They look to me like the same thing. I've also taken the liberty of adding OperaMini.

These applications work and connect just fine but I'm beginning to wonder if I need all three on my BB. Is there anything that the MediaNet browser is good for that OperaMini is not? And visa-versa?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: OperaMini vs MediaNet vs Other Browsers

operamini is really recomended, low bandwith usage and the possibility to turn off images. Also in version 4 you'll have the possibility to load the whole page, then zoom inn on what you want to read.

Its the best option for users with no bb data plan at all. But if you got a BB data plan and got unlimited. You should prolly go with the browser.

Atleast I can recomend it.

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

I've tried Opera Mini but stop using it lately due to sluggishness in loading sites and most of the time got message 'error to connect'. Finally, i reverted to BB browser and everything is dandy

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

i actually like it better. it loads pages faster for me.

FlyingRyan no está en línea Stack level 2

I use Opera Mini and it always says failed to conect to the internet! Whats up with that?

dmnall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D25C9

I use the media net/bb browser and opera.. My complaint with Opera Mini 4 is the fact that you have to click inside the text boxes to input text which in my opinion is annoying when trying to log in to different wap forums.. I just wish Firefox would be released for bb phones and I would be stoked.

Charlie

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i like the BB browser better. It loads faster than Opera mini and that's that. I didn't have any errors with Opera. BB browser just works faster.
    Jb

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I like opera and internet browser. I never really used media net browser. If your on a BES you will get blackberry browser which goes through your work network. I've also noticed internet browser allows me to download larger files than BB browser does.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yeah for the past two weeks opera mini has been sluggish. Also every once in awhile I get a "fail to connect to internet" too. Otherwise its useful for sites such as Myspace.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

I prefer Opera Mini because I can see the website as is; the BB browser is ok, but not as much as Opera for me.

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

I personally do NOT prefer the OperaMini browser on any Pearl. It is not flexible browser for a small-screened phone like the Pearl.

i(heart)mybb1 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~opera mini works best for me on my curve not a fan of the bb browser, doesn't have the same web feel.

SLVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    G PONG!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I use both for different things. I really wish FireFox would release their mobile browser, it will rock like their PC one.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

SLVR6,

I wish Firefox would come out with a mobile browser TOO! I have been a fan of Firefox on my laptop for a LONG time. I went to the [FONT=&quot]Mozilla Development Center to see if I could find anything about one, or at least stongly suggest that they consider it. They've got so much info out there but no place that I could find to ask the developers if they are even working on it. Do you know if they are working on one?
    [/FONT]

kraven113 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242e4bc3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) I prefer the bb browser verses opera mini. Its just a whole lot faster and it never fails me like opera does all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast