Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opinions wanted which is better,which one are you using,I use both but I prefer bolt,what ... General Blackberry forum

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3

opera vs bolt

Advertisement

Opinions wanted which is better,which one are you using,I use both but I prefer bolt,what do you think
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Not a huge fan of either, but I find the interface in Bolt to be a bit cleaner and easier to use. I also like the ability to install other language packs OTA through Bolt.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

So what do you use?

mattgirv no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    255575EB
    Well ... personally I quite like Bolt for certain pages, ones that aren't designed to render on mobiles, and it seems to render them as intended for the most part. Opera I just couldn't get used to, it seemed slightly sluggish and I wasn't too keen on the interface generally.

But I will say that both seem fairly archaic in terms of appearance, and even functionality to some extent. Maybe because they aren't designed with the BlackBerry in mind, or maybe just because of the fact it isn't 'native' like the Bold browser. Its a shame because sometimes I find myself just not bothering browsing because it can be a pain in the backside whenever javascript comes into the equation or finding links I can't follow through.

Just my two cents though, Skyfire looked to be promising but they pulled the beta before I got a proper look so I'll have to hold out on commenting on that.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I kept both on my BB for a long time and tried to like using them. I finally deleted them to get the memory back and use the BB browser. If it can't be done with that on a BB, I don't do it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mudpiegirl no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a pearl flip, and Opera is sketchy. Bolt works great on that model.

Well I use bb browser for lil stuff bolt for some and I use opera when I'm tired of both of them

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb51780 View Post
    So what do you use?
    Sorry, I don't use either in all honesty. If I had to choose between the two, it would be Bolt. I use the native browser and have had zero issues with it, aside from the text-wrapping in form fields.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

nivagenilrac091 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i mostly use my bold browser,but from time to time i will use bolt.i didnt really like opera after i tried it a few times so i deleted it rite away.its suppose to be a faster browser but for sum reason opera was very slooowwww

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I've used Bolt since the release and I love it... tried opera and hated it... for now I would say Bolt is the way to go... that is until SKyfire officially releases.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm holding my breath for Fennec.
    How to upgrade your OS

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I used to used both, mainly because I browse many sites via mobile, kind of tabbed browser, but know I got read of both since tabbeD browser is already on bbbrowser on OS 5.0 I don't need them, but of course waiting for skyfire
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

jonah1982 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    322B4F2E
    Bolt is better for overall because it doesn't mobilize any sites. Its the actually real internet pages you see especially for search engine sites like yahoo where you are not automatically redirected to te mobile site. Bolt is still beta like and is annoying as it does make you close the browser and start over often...I don't have the freezing or having to close the browser problems with opera but you have to do quite a bit of scrolling down the page with opera, not the case with Bolt. I also do use the blackberry browser for some things, like when you want to view video or install an ota app as the other two browsers often do not redirect you correctly and won't work. I also cannot wait for skyfire...hurry up please.

I used skyfire on my gf tmo dash its freakin sweet,I can't wait for it to hit bb

DinaDivas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21e357ef
    i prefer Bolt
    MyTwitter
    Myfacebook
    Dougherty 9700 --> Pin : 21E357EF
    Glad be Your Friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast