I am thinking of adding this type of 3rd party software, does anyone have a ... General Blackberry forum

bbpearldean no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A3C466

Opera Mini vs. Viigo

Advertisement

I am thinking of adding this type of 3rd party software, does anyone have a preferance, any advantages or disadvantages or any other programs similar to these.
    Thanks in advance.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Opera Mini is a Browser ,
    Viigo is a RSS reader
    They are both good at what they do, viigo is a bit memory hungry

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Correct My friend, Viigo is cool as hell, but Opera Mini, is a cool browser, as well.

ukman no está en línea Stack level 1
    the both good for what they do

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    I maybe shouldn't post this here but, i'm having problems with this web site, (Kronos.Williamslea.com) the site requires Java, and i know our BB's have it, but for whatever reason, My BB8310, OS 4.5, won't load this site, it will load Youtube and everything else..i'm like stuck can anyone help...? thanks in advance....

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by bbpearldean View Post
    I am thinking of adding this type of 3rd party software, does anyone have a preferance, any advantages or disadvantages or any other programs similar to these.
    Thanks in advance.
    They are two totally different programs, and they are both top quality and "must haves". Just download and install them both and enjoy!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I would say if you have OS 4.5 running on your BB then you don't need Opera Mini. But what Opera Mini has that the BB Browser from 4.5 is missing is downloading straight from the browser. That could come in handy down the line somewhere. Viigo is one awesome app, but 4.5 browser is good enough, you don't need Opera Mini. I mean they are almost the same, just a little feature off. It's not a big deal at all.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cooper_Lang no está en línea Stack level 2
    I say download them both. I have done extensive reviews of all the RSS readers available for the BlackBerry and in my opinion Viigo is top notch. With the pending release of Tango they have positioned themselves to take RSS reading on your BlackBerry to a whole new level.

As for Opera Mini, I second the comments made by HeavyComponent.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    There is a new Beta of Viigo out that you can get at http://getviigo.com/beta on your BB Browser. Or just load the latest version at Viigo.com.

I kind of suggest the later version rather than the Beta, if you're not one to accept little glitches and such.
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.