I"ve heard alot of Bb users comment that Opera Mini is way better than Bb ... General Blackberry forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Opera Mini vs BB Web Browser

Advertisement

I"ve heard alot of Bb users comment that Opera Mini is way better than Bb Web Browser, I'm curious, what's the difference. I've never used it so I'm wondering if I should get with the program or not. But I wanna know why people think it's better. What are the differences?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Opera Mini vs BB Web Browser

It loads many websites faster because it uses Opera's servers to retrieve the sites and compress the information. It also has a very nice layout from what I see in screenshots (haven't used it in awhile now). Opera Mini will also work for many sites that the BB browser does not such as Myspace.com replying to messages.

I would try it out, it really is nice. I just don't surf the web enough for it to be installed on my BB.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

So how does it work? I just download it and click on it? Anything else I need to do?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

MKhora no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AAFB7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I like it but wap.voicestream.com doesn't work on My device. I have T Mobile By The Way. I use both.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

for me the opera browser takes longer then the BB browser but even it it didnt i still think the BB browser works better

BENO384 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30735AC1

no way is bb browser better than opera mini.i was having problems using the bb browser all the time and having to do a battery pull 20x a day because of it.once when i got the opera mini i never had to do a battery pull again.opera mini rocks

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

I would like to use Opera Mini, but it doesn't work on my phone. I have tried the battery pulls and changing APN, but to no avail. I'll just use BB browser.

obeseninja no está en línea Stack level 1

Opera Mini starts with the page overview instead of having to scroll all the way down just to get to the content when a webpage like espn or SI. It is less time consuming

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~bb is faster, but opera is easir to use by a mile.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you like surfing, you'll want to have both! They both have pros & cons. Opera is smooth, & web pages are close to a desktop view. Navagation is nice as well. No downloads what so ever! A lot of errors too. BB browser is solid! Not as pretty as opera but more stable & and you can download OTA. In my opinion use both! Why not? its free!

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~opera browser is the worst really slow and you can't download anything from it the BB browser works for me

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

I'm not the biggest Opera Mini fan. The BB Browser is much better IMO, but I keep opera mini around for some sites that don't quite seem to work right on the BB browser. Just remember, it's a PHONE not a COMPUTER..so the BB browser is just fine =). I mostly access Google for searches and wap.pinstack.com anyway so it serves my needs pretty well.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

I would definitely download it and keep it on the blackberry, having it aside from the BB browser is great, I think both compliment each other.

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

I only use the Opera browser because it seems to work with Myspace, whereas BB Browser always gives me a log in error. The problem I have with Opera is that there are no quick buttons that does things that the BB Browser has. Unless I just don't know about it... I would like to see something similar like pushing "G" to open up the queue for a new website, or pushing "H" for homepage, etc.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

I prefer OperaMini for most of my web surfing. For me it's faster but for some sites it doesn't work. However some sites don't work on my BB browser. So I think it's best to have both.
    ~Lauren