Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, I went back to using Opera mini and to tell you the truth i ... General Blackberry forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Question Opera mini vs. BB browser

Advertisement

So, I went back to using Opera mini and to tell you the truth i find it a lot better than the regular bb browser . I have more control of my internet browsing; for instance when going on the regular bb browser i couldn't really manage my profile and what not but when i go to opera mini all the options are there. I'm beginning to love this handy browser . Please let me know what you guys use and see if i can make some more changes for a better opera mini experience or vice versa.

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Most people here will agree with you I think from what I've read. I didn't really care for Opera though. I know it's like the standard for most users on pinstack so I've tried it on several occasions but I just don't like it. There are some things I do like about it like the abality to easily switch views. On the other hand i hate having to click into feilds to type and that opera likes to close itself after downloads.
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    I Use Opera for everything. Except Craigslist , It won't let me email the craigslist standard hidden email address (EI : Sale3265326@craigslist.org) It takes the Number and Associates it like its supposed to be dialed.
    I Wrote an Email to the Opera Dev team so maybe in the next release they will address this issue.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    BB browser for me. BB browser is kind of similar to Opera Mini. If you have 4.5 that is. I don't see a big difference in them. Personally, I don't need OM. I had it and got rid of it.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.55 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    I've tried Opera several times and just can't get used to it. I like the built in browser much better.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have Opera and keep trying to like it better than the BB browser - I can't. It IS a good browser - I just can't get used to it and you really have to know where you're going to take advantage of the smaller format - most of the time I do (know where I'm going.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dasudevil no está en línea Stack level 2
    I loved opera. Much easier to play video games on there for me. BB was a pain. However between the two I did notice that Opera is a HOG when it comes to your memory. So im back to BB. The new update made it much nicer.

Tmo 8320 4.5 UK version. Working on 4.5.0.55 later tonight. WOO HOO

BBProductivity no está en línea Stack level 1
    Opera is the best - if you don't have it yet, get it today instead of tomorrow. I am always shocked when I meet people that still use the normal BB browser.

I have written a short tutorial on my Blog how to install the browser, feel free to check it out.
    Bernhard, Founder & Editor BlackBerry Productivity

Visit www.BlackBerry-Productivity.com for tech tricks, tips and downloads for realizing the full potential with your BlackBerry

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use both BUT OM wins 90% hand down

It rander everything much better than BB browser and the most important thing is that it store all your previous page so you can literally backward 50page and still don't have to load... Unlike BB where you press back you load again

U personally like media net.ut clears up issues with watching videos off the web although I've never tryed om. Also the most probable reason BB browser dosent store previous pages is because of mass memory usage.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    BB browser for me. BB browser is kind of similar to Opera Mini. If you have 4.5 that is. I don't see a big difference in them. Personally, I don't need OM. I had it and got rid of it.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.55 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Completely agree. 4.5 BB Browser spanks Opera Mini in usability now, I think. It just works so much smoother now. I guess those who haven't seen/used 4.5 will notice in a few months. And probably even more so with the Bold.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Am I the only one that cant stand opera mini? bah I hate it. BB Browser for me!

Meh!

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    You are not alone

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I never used Opera Mini. I have no problems with the BB browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh! View Post
    Am I the only one that cant stand opera mini? bah I hate it. BB Browser for me!

Meh!

E-D
    E-D no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    323707C8
    OM for me...the BB browser is too slow.
    Pin:323707C8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast