Something very strange has just happened to me. I have been using Opera Mini for ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Opera Mini just stopped working!

Advertisement

Something very strange has just happened to me. I have been using Opera Mini for months now, and all has worked fine. This morning my BES needed to be rebooted, so obviously we had no email for a period of time. During that time, I was unable to use BB Browser or Opera Mini (even though I thought Opera did NOT go through the BES!), so I just assumed the connectivity problem was related to that. About an hour ago, the BES seems to have gone back online as I am getting emails again. I am also able to use the BB Browser with no problems, and my Gmail and BBWeather apps work fine as well. However, with Opera pages still arent loading and I get an error message that says "Failed to connect to the Internet. Got to http://www.operamini.com/help?version=4.1 with your desktop browser or contact your service provider for Internet settings."

1) When using Opera (when it worked!) it pulled a different IP than the BB Browser, so I assumed it wasnt using the BES for access. This being the case, would a BES issue impact the Opera functionality?

2) How can I get Opera working again??

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I can't tell you what to do other than keep trying and maybe try a battery pull...but BE CAREFUL if you decide to try and uninstall it...I did that last week and it gave me a jvm 102 error...had to wipe my phone and reinstall the OS.

BACK UP your data before uninstalling Opera if you decide to do so...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah I am concerned about needing to wipe if something goes wrong. I have searched online and apparently this issue is global in nature, although Opera claims its not their issue. I was just wondering if anyone here experienced it and how they fixed the issue.

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Try first to install new 4.2 opera mini and see if the newone works

Check it out www.operamini.com/beta/