Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi, I recently installed opera browser on my Sprint Curve and don't see how it ... General Blackberry forum

earthshaker78 no está en línea Stack level 2

Opera Browser vS. BB Browser

Advertisement

Hi,

I recently installed opera browser on my Sprint Curve and don't see how it could be more of use than BB original browser...

Am I missing something? Why do some ppl use Opera (just for looks)?

Thanks

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The recent os upgrades to 4.5 and beyond incorporated enhancements to the.BB browser which affected features and performance formerly attained only by using Opera.
    Opera is still able to enable function on web pages that in some instances can't be attained by using the Blackberry browser.

marcrott no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the same question. I actually perfer the BB browser over Opera Mini. Whats the big deal with the Opera browers?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have never liked it myself so this could be interesting to follow.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    "Why do some ppl use Opera (just for looks)?" I use Opera mini only to edit a post I messed up on or if I need to make alterations to certain profiles I can't on the regular bb browser. However, once i'm done using it I delete every cookie possible; clear history because it is a huge memory hog. So, if you're into your themes and have about 10 of those on your bb and a lot of applications don't be mad when your messages and phone call log get deleted. Other than that, it's a nice browser though I only use it for those reasons stated above nothing else. Once i'm done editing whatever I need to do I go back to my regular bb browser.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That's interesting being able to edit my screw ups when I post wap. Thanks rat..

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    At this point and time, mini opera is a better option for me when surfing on my berry...mini opera renders the web more like a desktop web browser.
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    "Why do some ppl use Opera (just for looks)?" I use Opera mini only to edit a post I messed up on or if I need to make alterations to certain profiles I can't on the regular bb browser. However, once i'm done using it I delete every cookie possible; clear history because it is a huge memory hog. So, if you're into your themes and have about 10 of those on your bb and a lot of applications don't be mad when your messages and phone call log get deleted. Other than that, it's a nice browser though I only use it for those reasons stated above nothing else. Once i'm done editing whatever I need to do I go back to my regular bb browser.
    Long time mini opera user and have never had any trouble whatsoever with it being a resource hog...that title belongs to viigo.

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P
    does anyone have pictures of what it looks like on your bb's?
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind

Smile I second that...

Also with the BB browser, you can set the more user freindly start page with igoogle. Igoogle has more options for a start screen set up also.

PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxboi View Post
    does anyone have pictures of what it looks like on your bb's?

bottom of this page...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post976226

martytorres666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A2F8DE
    Interesting indeed... Question... When you say "profile" alteration are you speakin bout, oh let's say for example myspace? I myself haven't recently gotten involved wit my page, mind you I have the BB app also but I rather enjoy viewing it via the desktop version... Would you say viewing it through opera is better???

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by dts51 View Post
    Long time mini opera user and have never had any trouble whatsoever with it being a resource hog...that title belongs to viigo.

I did mention if "you're into themes and apps".

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hey raton, if they keep quoting you, we'll get to six pages on this thread soon

PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    I did mention if "you're into themes and apps".
    on a berry? who isn't?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast