Guys, Did some research on the forum and on Opera's site and couldnt find a ... General Blackberry forum

hotice_ no está en línea Stack level 2

Opera Browser and Wifi

Advertisement

Guys, Did some research on the forum and on Opera's site and couldnt find a confirmation of this so please bear with me...

Just got Opera Mini on my Bold and I've changed the settings to check the WIFI checkbox.

Now this browser doesnt't have the WIFI icon in the top right like the blackberry browser so I have no way of seeing which data path its taking.

Can anyone confirm that when the WIFI checkbox is checked...opera mini uses that preferred route?

Thanks and sorry for yet another wifi/data plan question

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    You can turn off your cellular data connection then try to surf the web with WiFi on. See if it works and let us know.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    You can turn off your cellular data connection then try to surf the web with WiFi on. See if it works and let us know.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well yes it does work with Cellular connections turned off so Opera can use Wifi.

I can't tell however when the cellular connection is turned on whether Opera is instructed to prefer WIFI over 3G.

Unfortunately, no all-you-can eat data plans north of the 49th parallel so it can get pretty expensive.

I guess I could install a data counter tool...but was just wondering if anyone had any insights before

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I know on my curve with the wifi box checked it's surfing on wifi. Because when I leave the house and on EDGE if I forget to uncheck the wifi box it won't let me browse. So I'm pretty sure that you won't be using any data.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by hotice_ View Post
    Guys, Did some research on the forum and on Opera's site and couldnt find a confirmation of this so please bear with me...

Just got Opera Mini on my Bold and I've changed the settings to check the WIFI checkbox.

Now this browser doesnt't have the WIFI icon in the top right like the blackberry browser so I have no way of seeing which data path its taking.

Can anyone confirm that when the WIFI checkbox is checked...opera mini uses that preferred route?

Thanks and sorry for yet another wifi/data plan question
    As long as you have the latest version of Opera Mini, it does support Wifi. There isn't a symbol for it however if you have the Wifi box checked, it will ONLY run on Wifi and so if you're not in a Hotspot Opera will report a 'tunnel failure'. And vice versa is you don't have the wifi box checked Opera WON'T use wifi at all. Its all or nothing for them.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    btw Hotice, you might want to check out the new BB plans Rogers has. They have a 300MB plan for $30 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    btw Hotice, you might want to check out the new BB plans Rogers has. They have a 300MB plan for $30 now.
    do you know if these prices are also available for corporate BES plans?

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Their pricing will be different for corporate (always is) But, they should have better corporate plans than they used to.