I would love to be able to sync my blackberry using Linux. Thats all that ... General Blackberry forum

blaze416 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ede6b5

Open Source Drivers

Advertisement

I would love to be able to sync my blackberry using Linux. Thats all that I have at home and I have to go through hoops to get it just to have my addresses and cal to sync. They wouldnt even have to make the app just let the Open Source community know how they will have to interact with the device. Although it would be nice to have a nice fully supported *nix client from RIM themselves

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you find anything let me know. I haven't found anything on this subject. I'm sure there are more people besides u and I that would like to have this.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    I run Ubuntu and I've started using Barry.
    It's a simple backup\restore application for the BB. It doesn't sync with anything, it just makes a backup file. Better than nothing.
    To sync my calendar, I use Google Sync, which syncs me with my Google Calendar. You can then use Evolution to sync you Google Calendar with you computer (this all syncs wirelessly too, which is nice). I haven't found a solution for my address book yet, so let me know if you find anything there.

There are solutions out there to sync BB with Linux, but they're difficult and time consuming. Which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid by using Blackberry, and Linux, ironically.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'd love this support too. I hate installing Windows just to install things. Granted, I use windows at work so I sync there. But for installing themes and such, it would be nice.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8
    yeah but seriously rim needs to step up linux suport ther target audience uses it

Dell even offers you the option of installing linux instead of windows

cbusddc no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you use www.scheduleworld.com you can sync with evolution using syncevolution or with thunderbird using the provided plugin. Blackberry sync is done with syncje or the funambol plugin and is OTA.

If you only care about calendar then you can just use the google sync for blackberry.

Barry is a good addition for backup/restore as mentioned previously. Don't expect RIM to get in the Linux game any time soon.

juno2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24192d42
    If anyone figures out how to sync the blackberry with linux it would be great seeing as how you must have the desktop manager to do much of anything with the blackberry
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

Denigris no está en línea Stack level 2
    why?

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    wow i think RIM opening their source code to the public would prolly be the same chance that microsoft does :-O