Is there a way to open image attachments on a 7290 Blackberry? I have been ... General Blackberry forum

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Open Image Attachments on a 7290

Advertisement

Is there a way to open image attachments on a 7290 Blackberry? I have been working on finding an answer for a Cingular 7290 with 4.1 software installed. I just got rid of my 7290 and upgraded to an 8700 and the software just gives me the option to open/view image attachments. Any suggestions or advice on how I could do this on a 7290? Your help is much appreciated.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Lightbulb Re: Open Image Attachments on a 7290

Give Cingular BlackBerry Tech Support a call > 800-304-3044
    maybe they can help! I don't know the answer to your question.

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Re: Open Image Attachments on a 7290

Does anyone know of any picture viewer software (3rd party) that can be used to view image attachments?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Do this,

Click Options/Advanced Options/Applications.

Do you see something listed that looks like this:

Blackberry Attachment Service 4.1?

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Do this,

Click Options/Advanced Options/Applications.

Do you see something listed that looks like this:

Blackberry Attachment Service 4.1?

Yes, the Blackberry Attachment Service 4.1 is there. Same version as the 8700. These are brand new BB's right out of the box and have no problem opening word, excel or powerpoint attachments. Also, any BB's I've reloaded get the attachment service. I've been working with the 7290's for a while now but this is the first time I've been asked why they couldn't view pictures. I just always thought you couldn't from a 7290. Thank you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I was able to open Images on my 7290 and save them to my Pictures. and that was before 4.1.x.xxx came out. I'm not sure why you can't open them on yours.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1
    There must be 1500 7290's in circulation that I support for work. I'd be lying if I said I've checked them all but I must have went through about 50 users today with 4.0 and 4.1 software. Not one could open imaging attachments from email. All could browse on-line and save an image to there pictures folder.

All the BB's come boxed new with the software installed. All of them are put onto BES servers. What do you think could be missing? What size should image files be?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by yo_fishy
    All the BB's come boxed new with the software installed. All of them are put onto BES servers. What do you think could be missing? What size should image files be?
    Um...you don't have the attachement download support disabled on the 7290's on the BES do you?

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Um...you don't have the attachement download support disabled on the 7290's on the BES do you?
    I'll try and find out more tomorrow from the Lotus Admins and get back to this.

It's a little to hard to explain without me having all the information or without me really understanding the server side of this. I'm the BB support Tech for Commerce Bank. We have 4 BB servers, 2 are BES 4.0 servers (I don't really deal with the server side, just the support). I add remote users or people who don't have a permanent seat to these servers because they will never use desktop software. They are activated through enterprise activation and given an IT Policy. The attachment service is disabled on one of these servers (I'm on this type of server with my 8700 and can view all attachments). I'm not sure what version the other BB servers are but people with permanent desks (most back office users) are added to these servers. Their names and PINs are added to the server, they choose the correct server when logging into the desktop software generate a key and can begin sending/receiving. To the best of my knowledge, as long as you have the attachment service on the BB, nothing is locked down from the server but they can't open image attachments either.

All other attachments can be opened besides pics. Would the attachement download support affect the opening of all other attachments as well? I'll try and find out everything tomorrow but I now at least have a direction to go in. Can you disable the attachement download support for a particular model on the BES or does it have to be done accross the board on the BES?

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

The 7290 users that can not open image attachments are on BES 2.2 servers. I just found out that image file support is not available on the 2.2 servers. They only support Office, PDF, Word Perfect... but no image files. I will just have to move users to our BES 4.0 server and give them a default policy if they'd like to open image attachments.

Thanks for your help.