hi guys, i've been looking all over for a solution to this. I use gmail ... General Blackberry forum
only receive gmail inbox messages to blackberry
hi guys, i've been looking all over for a solution to this. I use gmail as my main email and my blackberry picks up emails from the all mail folder rather than the inbox, this is a problem for me as i have many email threads set to auto archive as i want the info but don't need to deal with them, so basically i end up receiving loads of irrelevant emails on my bb.
i want my bb to just pickup messages from my gmail inbox and not from the gmail all mail label. does anyone else have this prob or know how to fix it?
sorry if this has already been answered but i can't seem to find a solution or workout how to setup a filter
I am not familiar with the "all mail" process?
How did you set up G-Mail? BES, BIS log-on site, G-mail app?
I think he means it's being fetched from all of his mail folders...that is quite odd...are you sure you're not auto forwarding rather than a fetch?
Yes this makes little sense as described.
My gmail works flawlessly via imap over BIS.
~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
SETUP GMAIL IMAP MANUALLY TO RECEIVE JUST YOUR INBOX MAIL ON YOUR BLACKBERR
SETUP GMAIL IMAP MANUALLY TO RECEIVE JUST YOUR INBOX MAIL ON YOUR BLACKBERRY.
Here are the directions to connect to your Gmail using manual IMAP settings.
This will allow you to receive just your "Inbox" Gmail on your Blackberry and not "All Mail".
With the settings below, any filters you have setup that archive emails to "All Mail" (and thus bypass your Gmail Inbox) will NOT show up on your Blackberry.
This is a personal choice but this can be a very desirable setup as you will not be annoyed by every email that "hits" your GMail account.
You can always check your All Mail on the web or with the standalone Gmail App on the Blackberry.
I had setup Gmail a long while back this way and when I recently tried the (terrible) Enhanced Gmail Plugin, I had to remove and re-add my Gmail account on the Verizion/RIM site.
Gmail and RIM claim that BB only supports IMAP now (not POP) but if you let RIM setup your Gmail by providing just your Gmail address and password (and not the steps below) you will get every message ("All Mail") in your BB Inbox.
Do the following and enjoy receiving only the essential "Inbox" emails you want on your Blackberry device!!!
1. On the web, be sure IMAP is enabled in your Gmail Settings.
2. On the web, visit your carrier’s Blackberry setup page.
3. Log into it and click "Set Up Account"
4. On the "Email Account Set-up" page, enter a dummy email address "username @blahee.com" and dummy password. Select Next.
5. Wait a bit and, you should see a screen that says "We were unable to configure "username @blahee.com". Choose one of the following options and select Next".
6. Select "I will provide the settings to add this email account", then Next.
7. It should say "We were unable to configure "username @blahee.com". Please select one of the following options:"
8. Select "This is my personal email account".
9. Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
10. Select "I will provide the settings to add this email account", then Next.
11. You'll see a message "The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [ "username @blahee.com"] email account." Select "Provide the Settings" to continue.
12. In the "User name:" field, enter your proper Gmail address (including "@gmail.com"). Then enter your password in the 'Password:' field.
13. In the "Email server:" field, enter "imap.gmail.com" then select Next.
14. If Gmail access was successfully configured, select OK.
15. Below your newly added Gmail address, select Edit.
16. Select Advanced Settings.
17. Make sure the port is set to '993' and 'Use SSL' is set to 'Yes.'
18. Select Save.
1) Remove the space after username in "username @blahee.com"... (the forum isn't letting me post a message with an email address.)
2) Save a lot of hassle and don't try the Enhanced Gmail Plugin unless it is GREATLY improved!
Last edited by tropicberry; 09-01-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Reason: refined directions
Tags for this Thread