I nearly smashed my blackberry last night I was up way too late. Do you ... General Blackberry forum

withnail69 no está en línea Stack level 2

omg please help trying to enter PIN in address book

Advertisement

I nearly smashed my blackberry last night I was up way too late. Do you know what I was trying to do? Something as simple as entering a capital S in the pin field on a contact in my address book. Could I do it? Not in 60 minutes I couldn't can you help all I can get is capital A (the PIN field seems to be numeric by default but I can put in capitals if they are the first letter on a key. But getting the second? I am having no joy whatsoever. I am on a 8120 pearl please help before I lose my mind. thanks !

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Sorry for your troubles. Its quite simple but you have to know the magic password. No I'm just playing. The "alt" key or the button that has the arrows going up and down. Press and hold that button and press the letter that you are looking for. All should be well. Let me know how that works out. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cheers jonny

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    Sorry for your troubles. Its quite simple but you have to know the magic password. No I'm just playing. The "alt" key or the button that has the arrows going up and down. Press and hold that button and press the letter that you are looking for. All should be well. Let me know how that works out. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I tried that and that is how I get 'A' and not 'S' if i try a 'multi tap' I just get lots of AAAAAAA's

Can you try it on your handset please and let me know I'm not going crazy

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I've already mentioned this in another thread a few months ago. I had no need for an S but I needed an F -- which is also a second letter. [The only one of the hex digits that is so... What do you need an S for, BTW?]

Here is the solution: you go to ANOTHER address book field, an alphanumeric one like "Name", you type an F [or whatever] normally, you Cut it ...and you Paste it into the PIN field .

[ Cut and Paste surely are available to you on the Menu]

Ah! there are so many gorgeous girls whose PINs include an F ... I would hate to miss out :cry:

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by withnail69 View Post
    I tried that and that is how I get 'A' and not 'S' if i try a 'multi tap' I just get lots of AAAAAAA's

Can you try it on your handset please and let me know I'm not going crazy
    The pin field uses hex, 0-9 and A-F. That's all you got, so that's why you can't use an S.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Don't Multi-tap it. Hold down the ALT key, press the AS key once. The suretype window will pop up giving you the option to select the A or the S. Scroll over to the S with the trackball and you're all set.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Or make sure you have mulitap enable and then you can press the as button twice to get the s, and likewise press df button twice to get f. I only use multitap for entering pins.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Yeah when you press and hold the key it'll go from one letter to the next. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

well spotted

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    The pin field uses hex, 0-9 and A-F. That's all you got, so that's why you can't use an S.
    yes some idiot texted me the wrong character.... you are right that is why I can't enter an S ... sorry for wasting everyone's time. :S

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    But you still need a trick to enter an "F"... The solution I gave you works; back when I first faced this problem, no other solution did.