Hi, Please confirm if this is possible, if so how do I do it. I ... General Blackberry forum

ecetnar no está en línea Stack level 1

Old Palm Calendar entries to Blackberry

Advertisement

Hi, Please confirm if this is possible, if so how do I do it. I have a old Palm with old calendar entries dating back to 2004. I want to import these along with some old contact to my Blackberry. First can you do this? I'm being told that I can only get 7 days worth of history in my calendar. If this can happen what is the best way to do it?

Thanks...

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I'm not sure if you can do this or not
    but...

first, do you have a data cable for both phones to hook up to your computer?
    if so (with Desktop manager installed)
    try going through desktop manager and go through the switch device wizard

and try "transferring" your old info from the palm device to the new blackberry.

once again I'm not sure if it will work with the old palm. I guess it depends on how old the palm device is. give it a shot let me know if it works
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

yeah tried that going through desktop manager and using the switch device wizard. It only went back 7 days. Ideas?? Even if I have to use a third party application. I even tried uploading my palm calendar to a yahoo email account...which worked. I got all the history. I then exported to a csv file and imported into Outlook. But Outlook to BB sync does not sync history. This has to be doable...
    Thanks

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    Export the data from your PIM to a CSV file, then import it into Outlook. Sync your BB with Outlook, and assuming that you do not have 'delete after xx days' set anywhere, it should work.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I haven't used DM in awhile but isn't there the option under the "Device Switch Wizard" to import Palm device calendar/contact entries?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

OK so I had do download version 4.3 of DM. Then after uploading the csv from yahoo mail to Outlook I deleted my account from the BES server. I then did a sync of the calendar only via a cable. I then added my account back on the BES server and let the rest sync up. It worked...what a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ecetnar View Post
    OK so I had do download version 4.3 of DM. Then after uploading the csv from yahoo mail to Outlook I deleted my account from the BES server. I then did a sync of the calendar only via a cable. I then added my account back on the BES server and let the rest sync up. It worked...what a pain.
    Yes, that sounds like a pain - but it was unnecessary. As KalebsDad mentioned, there is a device switch option in DM that would have transferred the calendar painlessly.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ecetnar View Post
    yeah tried that going through desktop manager and using the switch device wizard. It only went back 7 days. Ideas?? Even if I have to use a third party application. I even tried uploading my palm calendar to a yahoo email account...which worked. I got all the history. I then exported to a csv file and imported into Outlook. But Outlook to BB sync does not sync history. This has to be doable...
    Thanks
    As you will see he had already tried to do it through desktop manager, it did not transfer everything that he was needing.

I'm glad you got it worked ou man. Enjoy your berry!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Oh, so he did. Well I've been sick since Tuesday so forgive me, didn't read that part :-)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

7 days? That's a new one on me - lol