So my pearl was freezing up like krazy last nite, so i figured i'd do ... General Blackberry forum

trenafisher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30DA1A71

Question OK this is curiously weird...all opinions please

Advertisement

So my pearl was freezing up like krazy last nite, so i figured i'd do a good old battery pull to reset her, as ive done many times in the past. But this time....when i put the battery back in something was very wrong....i tried to access bbm where i had a couple convos going, well i got that msg you get when you've swicthed to a new device...that was the first warning sign. I kinda lost my breath for a second and quickly went into options and then status and nearly had a heart attack as my pin was displayed as: FFFFFFFF, instead of my actual pin number??!! wtf??!! of course i pulled the battery again thinking that this was just sum little glitch...but no, the problem wasnt goin away.
    Anyways after an hour on the phone with tech support, they came to the conclusion that my berry had amnesia and had to be replaced. I've never heard of this happening, and neither did the tech support dude....just wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything like this? I'd love to hear everyones speculations as to what could have cause this.
    ...Your Attitude is going to determine your Altitude....

"So Blessed"

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i've read that the FFFFFF for PIN is major hardware failure. i've never seen it personally tho

sorry, but hey, are they sending you a brand new one?

PIN/ID
    30DA1A71
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i've read that the FFFFFF for PIN is major hardware failure. i've never seen it personally tho

sorry, but hey, are they sending you a brand new one?

Yes I already have a new unit....i went in store and they swapped it on the spot!
    That definately made me feel better

"So Blessed"

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't know why they did to so fast. I was lookin forward to havin some time off. Lol. Kidding. Glad you're back up and running.

PIN/ID
    30DA1A71
    Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't know why they did to so fast. I was lookin forward to havin some time off. Lol. Kidding. Glad you're back up and running.

Wutev, you know u missed me!!
    Plus they had to do it quick, i was experiencing withdrawal symptoms already last night, I swear i was shaking like a recovering addict does!....can you imagine if i had to wait for a new device....that wouldnt have been pretty..lol

"So Blessed"

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hey trena, Im glad you got it worked out. Its no fun when your Berry's on the blink.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by trenafisher View Post
    Wutev, you know u missed me!!
    Plus they had to do it quick, i was experiencing withdrawal symptoms already last night, I swear i was shaking like a recovering addict does!....can you imagine if i had to wait for a new device....that wouldnt have been pretty..lol
    Exactly the reason I have 5 BB's..... What are the chances of bricking all 5 at one time? LoL
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    dude i would go insane without my blackberry...i left it in my car while working and i felt naked without it. it was horrible
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Exactly the reason I have 5 BB's..... What are the chances of bricking all 5 at one time? LoL
    See you say that and now it could happen. Karma man. LOL.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....